Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR K-Member Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 02:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BMR K-Member Question

I just read this on their website

NOTE: While we sell this product as "streetable", it is still a race-inspired piece and may not be choice for an everyday driver.
What exactly is the reasoning behind this?
Old 03-08-2007, 03:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Because alot of people have ended up with broken welds on their k-members due to normal everyday hazards of the roads in many places such as pot holes and drop offs and whatever else you can think of that you may see in day to day driving.Basically their just covering their rearends.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Any way to strengthen or reinforce it? I'm asking mainly because the BMR K-Member is needed for a new Twin Turbo kit coming out from APS. I would LIKE to have a daily driven, street car. But I would hate to buy an expensive and difficult to replace thing if it'll just get torn up by using it.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

cough*UMI*cough

http://www.umiperformance.com/2320.aspx

from their website
This item has been designed to handle everything from drag racing, daily driving and even autocross. Our dual tube center section adds increased strength over the competitors’ design, making this item far more superior and able to handle every day stress and abuse.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a stock motor and it broke the welds on the drivers side of the BMR, they only section welded it on one side. In one spot the weld missed one of the two pieces that were being attached. Umi might be better.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VinR1
cough*UMI*cough

http://www.umiperformance.com/2320.aspx

from their website
Heh. Do you like waiting??? I'm actually about to dispute UMI's charge on my VISA. Every week they tell me it'll be shipped in 3-4 business days. I don't know about you all, but I don't particularly like the fact that I've paid for something that hasn't shipped, let alone built. I ordered oh so long ago and this Saturday is almost here. Ok, ok, my point... if I can get a BMR k-member by this Friday, I won't accept the UMI one. The word from other folks is the newest BMR piece is pretty good. I need my daily driver back now... I depend on it.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gi8e7oi825
Heh. Do you like waiting??? I'm actually about to dispute UMI's charge on my VISA. Every week they tell me it'll be shipped in 3-4 business days. I don't know about you all, but I don't particularly like the fact that I've paid for something that hasn't shipped, let alone built. I ordered oh so long ago and this Saturday is almost here. Ok, ok, my point... if I can get a BMR k-member by this Friday, I won't accept the UMI one. The word from other folks is the newest BMR piece is pretty good. I need my daily driver back now... I depend on it.
I've read BMR fixed the problem and the revised version holds up.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What are the differences, any pics? It looks the same on their website...