Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

few questions for my install next week

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 09:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default few questions for my install next week

ok so i have a 1998 trans am im putting back together my way. i have 2 motors one im building the other is completely stock other then the aluminum intake, ported and polished throttle body, and the long tube headers. i need to know how to run the headers without kickin on any o2 sensor lights or check engine lights in general. these are EGR compliant. although im not opposed to removing the egr or any of that stuff if i can or knew how to. anybody who has input please let me know this is my first run at the LS1 and id like to learn as much as possible so i dont make to many bad mistakes. thanks.

- Scottie dont
Old 03-08-2007, 09:33 PM
11 Second Club

get those codes tuned out you can get it done mail order.use block off plates if you have the emissions headers and a freese plug in the intakew were the egr went
Old 03-10-2007, 11:30 PM
TECH Regular

ok ill see what i can do. tonight i got power to the car i cant fire it up cuz my headers havent gotten in yet. but when i turned the car in the on position it didnt pop up what my mileage was. it was lit up just no numbers or anything. the stereo works fine though.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The header and EGR questions are answered in the stickies at the top of this forum.