General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

The worst?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 11:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default The worst?

What is the worst injury that you have done to yourself while working on a vehicle?

to start it out...yesterday i was working on my room mate's car, pulling out the rearend....wrench slipped off the bolt and hit me in the eye...i had a bloody nose, a cut on the back of my head from the wheel well, cut on my hand from my teeth, scraps on my knuckles, and a massive shiner...ended up going to the ER just to make sure i didnt break anything or have a cuncussion...
Old 03-09-2007, 01:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats pretty bad! A lil funny though! I think the worst I've had is just cuts from under the cowl. Here's a couple I saw/heard about thought; when we were tightening my pulley back, I was holding the flywheel and my friend was tightening it, well I lost the flywheel and his elbow whet flying into the strut tower, I thought it was funny. I also heard (this one isn't funny) about a guy here in the city that was working on his car underneath the rear, some guy kicked the jack stand while they were trying to get them in a better spot with the rear supported with a jack, well when the stand moved the jack gave out and the rear dropped on his head, pretty messed up.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:18 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Grandpa forgot to put crown vic (mine, first car, we did a motor swap and everything) on jack stands and the cheap hydrolic jack came down...cracked ribs. VERY LUCKY!
Old 03-09-2007, 01:19 AM
TECH Veteran

thoes little ******* points under the cowl always get me.

ive has a wrench slip and i punched the K member with all my weight. i couldnt use my hand for anything, even shift for a week.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

I was trying to pound chrome wheel weights on a crome Lexus GX470 wheel. I miscalucated the swing and the hammer came down right on my pointer finger on my left hand. It ended up cutting it in two spots and was black and blue for about two weeks. I could feel my heart beat in that finger for about the next 2 hrs. Hurts just to think about.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was jacking up my old 86' monte with the factory jack (the kind where the tire iron goes into) and the tire iron slipped out just as the car was almost done getting jacked up. I punched the ground with all my weight. My knuckles and fingers lost most of the skin on them and wouldnt stop bleeding.

Or the time I accidently slammed the monte's door on my finger. Almost lost a fingernail with that one. Oh well, that car was a trip.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Another guy and I were welding the female part of some dzus fasteners on our FSAE car in college. I slipped holding it and got a pretty sweet burn on the back of my hand. About a year later, we were making a seat pan and heating it with a torch. He slipped and put his hand right in the open flame. Burned him really bad.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:23 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

SSU please...