Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spring mods inside opinions welcome

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 02:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Spring mods inside opinions welcome

alright guys, just so happens tax time and my b-day fall pretty close, so i get to get mod happy for a few weeks. this year im going with pacesetter LT's, TSP TD's with Sprial Flows, LS6 intake, Poly motor, trans and TQ arm mounts, and a tranny and diff fluid change, LS7 clutch, 01+ hydro's, stock hurst shifter, complete ebony interior change, Dyno Pro white faced gauges, VFN Sunoco Hood with scoop side stripes, GMMG hockey stripes, 17X11 and 17X9 silver ZR1's with Goodyear eagle DS-D3's, GMPP ASA cam with LS6 springs and full dyno tune.........i think thats all for now. this is what i plan to have done by winter storage time.......what do you all think?
Old 03-09-2007, 03:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

holy **** thats a lot! haha thats awesome, it'll be a different car
Old 03-09-2007, 03:15 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by unSStoppable
holy **** thats a lot! haha thats awesome, it'll be a different car
thats what im shooting for.....lol. hopefully ill be in the mid 12's with all this **** on street tires and the stock 10 bolt. then next year ill be able to swing the 12 bolt.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Did you do sway-bars yet? If you do those you won't even recognize the car anymore. Especially after the interior change.

Get the sound proofing done and you'll love it. I did an ebony interior change and LOVED it. Keep you 1998 style carpet, otherwise you'll get holes in the trunk area. I don't know if 1998's had 1999 sized rear-seats BUT the 1999 rear-seat area won't quite fit 2000+ rear-seats.

Not a problem for me, it didn't rattle but one (right I think) of the latches did not close anymore.

When I did my changeout I was careful with the dash and when I was done the interior was QUIET, not one rattle.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:47 PM
12 Second Club

start buying turbo parts money well spen in my eyes FWIW
Old 03-09-2007, 03:05 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Genesis_26317
Did you do sway-bars yet? If you do those you won't even recognize the car anymore. Especially after the interior change.

Get the sound proofing done and you'll love it. I did an ebony interior change and LOVED it. Keep you 1998 style carpet, otherwise you'll get holes in the trunk area. I don't know if 1998's had 1999 sized rear-seats BUT the 1999 rear-seat area won't quite fit 2000+ rear-seats.

Not a problem for me, it didn't rattle but one (right I think) of the latches did not close anymore.

When I did my changeout I was careful with the dash and when I was done the interior was QUIET, not one rattle.
suspension is next on the list, SFC's LCA's Panhard rod, torque arm, STB, and bigger sway bars. im going to leave my dash and center console the way it is for now. untill i see if its going to clash or not. if it doesnt, ill leave it to save some money. if it does, well ill change it later. i guess i will also go with the grey carpet since you say it wont line up right. the seats, im leaving for now because im just going to have them recovered in white leather. and the headliner, its gone when i get t-tops. so right now, im concentrating on the plastic ****. still need door panels and carpet.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bww3588
suspension is next on the list, SFC's LCA's Panhard rod, torque arm, STB, and bigger sway bars. im going to leave my dash and center console the way it is for now. untill i see if its going to clash or not. if it doesnt, ill leave it to save some money. if it does, well ill change it later. i guess i will also go with the grey carpet since you say it wont line up right. the seats, im leaving for now because im just going to have them recovered in white leather. and the headliner, its gone when i get t-tops. so right now, im concentrating on the plastic ****. still need door panels and carpet.

It's either 2000 or 2001 that they started putting hooky thingies in the back under the glass to hook crap onto. The holes are cut into the carpet so unless you have the swinging hook/attachment points your can see bare/painted metal.

Otherwise the carpet is pretty much the same, maybe minus stains.

The gray dash looks dingy as hell (it was the last thing I changed) compared to a full ebony interior IF you have OCD. Otherwise the center console is definately worth swapping out for an ebony unit. I actually had two of them laying around for awhile but I gave them away to some old *** ebayer in Texas.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:24 AM
12 Second Club

It's either 2000 or 2001 that they started putting hooky thingies in the back under the glass to hook crap onto. The holes are cut into the carpet so unless you have the swinging hook/attachment points your can see bare/painted metal.

Otherwise the carpet is pretty much the same, maybe minus stains.

The gray dash looks dingy as hell (it was the last thing I changed) compared to a full ebony interior IF you have OCD. Otherwise the center console is definately worth swapping out for an ebony unit. I actually had two of them laying around for awhile but I gave them away to some old *** ebayer in Texas.
do you have to replace the entire dash or can you just replace the dash pad and all the trim/vents? maby ill just get teh hooks to take up the space....lol
Old 03-10-2007, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bww3588
do you have to replace the entire dash or can you just replace the dash pad and all the trim/vents? maby ill just get teh hooks to take up the space....lol

The vinyl/padded part is the hard part to swap out. Vent covers and the dash board up top just pop in/out. Watch the dash board it is as brittle as sugar glass.

I would have no idea how much work it is to put the hooks in the vehicle and I doubt elmers would get them to stick well.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:41 PM
12 Second Club

The vinyl/padded part is the hard part to swap out. Vent covers and the dash board up top just pop in/out. Watch the dash board it is as brittle as sugar glass.

I would have no idea how much work it is to put the hooks in the vehicle and I doubt elmers would get them to stick well.
i just want the hooks there for asthetics. how does the dash pad come out. does it just pop on and off or is it glued?
Old 03-10-2007, 06:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

sounds like a good combo of things, a lil bit of peformance, and a lil bit of style... good luck with all that
Old 03-10-2007, 06:26 PM
12 Second Club

damn did you rob a bank......
I had the same idea.....but I'm working 7-10s to get it (only got back 133 in taxes).....on my list is sunoco hood also....lca,rlb,phb,clutch,adjustable rear shocks,torque arm and relocation, line lock, short shifter, cut out, intake, tb, ud pulley, injectors, fuel pump, black z06 wheels, and to top it off ms4 cam kit w/ a dynotune.....I going to try to order most of it at one time.....that way it feels like christmas when I come home and see all the boxes
Old 03-10-2007, 06:46 PM
12 Second Club

What do you mean by dash pad?

The dash board?
The softish vinyl part?
yeah the soft ****. i call it the pad. sorry.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:26 PM
12 Second Club

Oh, it just takes up the entire dash basically so I just called it the dash since everything connects to it.

Nah, it is a bitch to remove. It's going to cut the crap out of you, the passenger airbag is attached to it, the underframing connecting it to everything is brittle.

I removed about 90% of the crap connecting it the car and then just said f#ck it and ripped the stupid motherf#cking thing out.

Now that I remember it I hated removing that stupid damn thing. That and the radio section was absolutely obnoxious.

I swear everytime you think you are done unscrewing it you suddently find yet another damn part they just HAD to screw it to. Wires everwhere, A/C plumbing just sort of floats there (BTW great time to clean the systems pipes), wiring installed basically with the intention of not needing to be removed again.

It really isn't that bad but it was the only hard part during an interior swap.
damn. wanna help me? lol
Old 03-10-2007, 08:06 PM
12 Second Club

My fingers are still healing....

Nah it really isn't THAT bad. Worth it in the end though as far as I am concerned. The ebony interior is 10000% better than the gray crap.
well, ill be tearing into it next week. ill take pictures and **** and maby to do a write up......
Old 03-11-2007, 05:53 AM
12 Second Club

Eww, fun. Bring the proper sized tools! Makes the whole thing go a lot quicker than if you need to swing by the parts shop in a car with a half uninstalled dash.
i hope i have all the **** to do it. a 3 peice rolling tool chest filled........lol
Old 03-11-2007, 05:56 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by craz1469
damn did you rob a bank......
I had the same idea.....but I'm working 7-10s to get it (only got back 133 in taxes).....on my list is sunoco hood also....lca,rlb,phb,clutch,adjustable rear shocks,torque arm and relocation, line lock, short shifter, cut out, intake, tb, ud pulley, injectors, fuel pump, black z06 wheels, and to top it off ms4 cam kit w/ a dynotune.....I going to try to order most of it at one time.....that way it feels like christmas when I come home and see all the boxes
im working 4 16's so im in the same boat your in. all the time off is spent recovering from work. plus i work in a freezer where its 30 below......
Old 03-13-2007, 04:36 PM
12 Second Club

ttt.......