Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

The impatient man that I am

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 10:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The impatient man that I am

I have posted twice about this on a couple threads where it seemed to fit and I have yet to have a reply so I wanted to ask everyone. Forgive me if this is just flat out dumb.

I just grabbed and mint C5. I have seen other C5's on the board that apply fake Z06 badges, back brake ducts, Lamb doors, ...

Sorry to say I would love to do it too but isn't is a ricey thing to do or because we have expensive cars is it ok? I seriously don't know.

Any input is kewl with me and thanks for reading

Jody
Old 03-09-2007, 10:26 PM
12 Second Club

lambo doors r ricey and retarded
Old 03-09-2007, 10:27 PM
12 Second Club

It's your vehicle. If that's what you want, do it. Personally I hate cars that are badged as things they are not and lambo doors are pointless and just put a big hole in your wallet. They're so played out now it's not even funny. Most people on this site are about HP and speed.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:28 PM
TECH Veteran

^ nicely put...there pointless and just a pain in the *** to deal with
Old 03-09-2007, 11:07 PM
Staging Lane

First, an apology, this is from CF... ****, I got mixed up...

Please then tell me why a guy trying to sell a regular C5 yet has all that **** minus the lambs is thought of as a hot/sweet/... thing?

Link: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sho...d.php?t=1644183

I don't get it but thanks guys and I am ALL for performance, seriously!
Old 03-09-2007, 11:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i like some lambo doors. they are no more played out than people putting ****** TT2's and corvette rims on their cars and the same boring stripes and everything else
Old 03-09-2007, 11:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

do what you ant man, its your car, don't get too caught up with what people say on here. In my opinion i don't like badging something with something its not, but if that what you want to do go for it, but you should have some power to back up those Z06 emblems. As far as the Lambo doors...this isn't personal preference..don't do it. It's not allowed
Old 03-09-2007, 11:37 PM
Staging Lane

Understood dudes and thanks. What about a rainbow paint job? Hehe...

I still think the real working Z06 brake vents are alright as well as the mesh for the vents. I saw some spear kits that included the mesh for the front ducts as well and think they are nice.

I also want some Lamborghini stickers...

You guys rock
Old 03-09-2007, 11:53 PM
TECH Addict

LOL get a ferrari badge on that bitch
Old 03-10-2007, 12:18 AM
Shirley Temple Drinker

I think their cool if their actual vertical (90 degree) doors, that point straight up, but the vertical door kits and the cheap knock offs that swing out then up at a 45* are gay
Old 03-10-2007, 12:42 AM
TECH Regular

i think lambo doors would look good on it. but dont make it a z06, being a corvette is good enough
Old 03-10-2007, 12:56 AM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Tainted
i like some lambo doors. they are no more played out than people putting ****** TT2's and corvette rims on their cars and the same boring stripes and everything else
personally i think TT2's are so popular because they just look so damn good on our cars...yes a lot of people have them but that's because they do look good.

also, fake badging i agree with, maybe not rice, but not right at all...be proud of what you have. don't falsify it as something else.

either way it's your car man, do what makes you happy with it, because in the end, you have to wake up everyday and look at it.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:42 AM
Staging Lane

Again thanks everyone, my head is on straight new... I need to go lookup TT2 in the acronym list
Old 03-10-2007, 09:45 AM
Staging Lane

Torque Thrust II, I am not impressed...
Old 03-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ArcticC5
I have posted twice about this on a couple threads where it seemed to fit and I have yet to have a reply so I wanted to ask everyone. Forgive me if this is just flat out dumb.

I just grabbed and mint C5. I have seen other C5's on the board that apply fake Z06 badges, back brake ducts, Lamb doors, ...

Sorry to say I would love to do it too but isn't is a ricey thing to do or because we have expensive cars is it ok? I seriously don't know.

Any input is kewl with me and thanks for reading

Jody
I know you already came to your senses, but just in case you have a relapse...

Lambo doors if YOU REALLY WANT THEM... If you're worried about re-sale DON'T DO IT. It will be a very small target market to get that car sold to. A local guy has a NICE Vette he's had at big weekly local car shows that he's been trying to sell for almost a year. Good price, only thing stopping people from buying it is the lambo doors.

Most people see them and think the same thing they would think if they saw fake Z06 badges on the car... "This car was owned by a douche bag and I don't want to touch it with a 10ft poll in fear of what else they've f@cked up on it..."

I think the brake ducts and even rims are fine, but you badge it different or put those doors on there and you better plan to keep the car for awhile or sell it out of state (after you've removed that crap and found a buyer who never saw it on there )
Old 03-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
I know you already came to your senses, but just in case you have a relapse...

Lambo doors if YOU REALLY WANT THEM... If you're worried about re-sale DON'T DO IT. It will be a very small target market to get that car sold to. A local guy has a NICE Vette he's had at big weekly local car shows that he's been trying to sell for almost a year. Good price, only thing stopping people from buying it is the lambo doors.

Most people see them and think the same thing they would think if they saw fake Z06 badges on the car... "This car was owned by a douche bag and I don't want to touch it with a 10ft poll in fear of what else they've f@cked up on it..."

I think the brake ducts and even rims are fine, but you badge it different or put those doors on there and you better plan to keep the car for awhile or sell it out of state (after you've removed that crap and found a buyer who never saw it on there )
I hear you. The kit I was looking at (gull wings) use the stock doors and can be put right back to stock prior to sale. And I would feel like a fake **** if *I* badged it. I have looked some nice billet (sp?) fender badges for the C5 that look nice. What are your thought on the splash guards?

I just want to personalize it and not be looked at as a ricer/douch... But then again, if I saw something I really liked, I'd be like FU arsehole.

Thanks everyone, the doors are STILL on my list...

Old 03-12-2007, 07:19 PM
TECH Addict

congrats keep it clean.

Quick Reply: The impatient man that I am