Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rebuild Cost

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rebuild Cost

I just bought a B4C camaro with 113,000. Its got some problems and i am going to need to put a new motor in it. It hasnt gone yet. But, soon. I have a mechanic that says he will install in for $1000. How much is it going to cost me to get a rebuilt motor? How much would it be to rebuild the one thats in there? I am just wondering what my best and cheapest option would be. I have only had the car a month.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Let your fingers do the walking and contact some of our sponsors for quotes.
Where do you live at?
Are you going to do a stock rebuild? If so it is cheaper to get a replacement motor from like SDPC. Either new or rebuilt by GM.
If you plan on a little spiced up combo, with like maybe a cam or forged with cam etc..
Your option are endless.
On average you can get a forged shortblock for around $2800>3000.

Piece of advice, research carefuly, avoid cheaper options that are too good to be true, If you get yours rebuilt, do it at a shop that builds LSx on a regular basis.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

through what I have looked at the best bang for buck IMO would be TSPs 408 motor for 3599, but you will have to put on heads and cam then get it tuned. So you will be up there a bit. Maybe the better solution would be a used donor motor until you can do some research and get what you want. I dunno there are lots of options like predator said and he would know.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:03 PM
Staging Lane

I live in Ocala, Fl. I would like to keep the rebuild pretty stock. I just invested 8 thousand on the car when i bought it. I have had it a few weeks and im already out a motor. So, I would like to stop the numbers from racing. I think the one thing i could afford is to have a cam installed. Would i need to have different heads and a tune for the cam if i do install it? Who is SDPC? Does anyone have a link for their web site?
Old 03-10-2007, 02:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

sdpc - scoggin dickey parts center, they are a gm parts dealer.

http://www.sdparts.com/

Most street cams don't need any modification to install with the stock heads. But, it is always a good idea to have a tuner tune the car no matter how small a cam you run.