Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Question after upgrading wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool Question after upgrading wheels

Well i stepped up to zo6 rims about a year ago and started having this problem. (front 17x9.5, 275 tires, rear 18x10.5 295 tire) It feels like the car is harder to keep straight. I think the best way i can explain it is it feels like the stock sway bars arent keeping up with the bigger, grippier tires. The car seems to be constantly pulling one way or the other alot of the time esp at low speed. Its really a pain on bad roads with cracks and uneven parts. I had my alignment checked and they said its ok.

Do you think that my stock sway bars are just old and are causing this sloppiness in steering feel? Did you guys feel the need to upgrade your bars when you went to bigger tires? What might be causing this?

im running kumho ectsa supra 712s on the front and they have that weird channel down the center, i wonder if thats causing the tires to "grab" or jump into cracks and uneven road defects.

fronts
Old 03-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Launching!

Wide tires tend to "wander" more. They catch the lines and uneven parts of the road and will make it feel that way.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

It's called bump-steer, and most of us have to live with it.

That channel in the center of that tire though, is for water.

Most people say it gets worse with new, wider tires. In my opinion it has more to do with the type of tire. When I went from stock tires to my Nittos, my bump steer was MUCH improved. I could actually drive straight without holding on to the wheel (I still have to, but it doesn't try to kill me or other cars anymore).
Old 03-10-2007, 03:26 PM
Launching!

Hey thanks guys