Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynomax bullet intermediate pipe and over axle???

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 06:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Dynomax bullet intermediate pipe and over axle???

So dynomax has a new "cat back" which really seems like a dynomouth setup.

Do you guys think it would quiet a SLP dual/dual with headers and cats down even more without sacrificing too much flow? Pretty sure this is a straight through bullet so it seems so.

I have a mangled itermediate pipe and over axle I'm thinking of buying Dynomax part numbers 53061 and 54354 to fix the mess and quiet down the exaust a bit more. Just don't need any more attention from cops and neighbors if you know what I mean. Anyone try this kind of setup?
Old 03-10-2007, 08:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the muffler used on the new catback is a welded race muffler and is quieter than the dynomax bullet, but still has straight thru flow
Old 03-10-2007, 08:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Hmm good to know, I wonder how it would sound going threw that first then the Dual\dual muffler. I may have to find out. It really isn't all that loud now the valvetrain in the 388 makes more noise at start up. But anything to keep the peace with the neighbors I don't even drive it to work now because starting it up it is loud.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A bullet will only take some of the edge off at part throttle ,but it won't quiet it down to much at WOT.I did that on my H/C 99SS with Borla and on my GTO w/ORPs and Borla XR1s.But if you already have the Dual/Dual exhaust adding a bullet will make it as about as tame as you can with that combo.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:15 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
Hmm good to know, I wonder how it would sound going threw that first then the Dual\dual muffler. I may have to find out. It really isn't all that loud now the valvetrain in the 388 makes more noise at start up. But anything to keep the peace with the neighbors I don't even drive it to work now because starting it up it is loud.
thats the quietest catback there is too. I love that first start in the morning. It cracks to life and echos thru the valley You have cats?
Old 03-11-2007, 01:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Yep I have the QTP catted Y, if I wasn't replacing the i pipe anyways I probably wouldn't bother with it but I need a new ipipe and over the axle pipe. Hopefully it will fit the Dual dual without having to take it to a shop...
Old 03-11-2007, 08:36 AM
11 Second Club

I wondered about Dynomax replacement I's and over-the-axle pipes because my over-the-axle one is mangled and wouldn't mind replacing it. I was planning on putting a bullet muffler of some sorts into my I-pipe as well to quiet it down. I was thinking a Borla XR-1 maybe because that way I only have to buy one more down the road if I want to go true duals Maybe I'll try this route instead.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Well I'm trying to get price for the I pipe, the Over axle pipe is very reasonably priced if you find the I pipe somewhere let me know and how much they want!

Quick Reply: Dynomax bullet intermediate pipe and over axle???