Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally bought EFILive V2 for my TB SS

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 12:02 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finally bought EFILive V2 for my TB SS

First, I wanted to say thanks to Chad at Greenlight Motorsports. He gave me a killer deal on the V2 upgrade and has been great to deal with.

For those who don't know, there are now two separate control modules. One for the engine and one for the transmission. Each module has a size of 1024K compared to the LS1 which has 512K for both (at least for the 98's). So you have to read and program each one separately which prompted me to create two separate folders; one for each control module to make it easier when tuning and logging. I looked at the engine module first and quickly realized how different it is and how many more tables are available. They have several flex fuel and DOD (displacement on demand) tables as well.

I also noticed how severe the timing is pulled back based on IAT, ECT and a combination of both. There are also quite a bit more knock tables, including a threshold table for each cylinder. The transmission module (TCM) is not that different than the LS1 tables.

Overall I'm happy with the purchase and already flashed some basic tunes to see how it would react. The TB SS has real bad TM, so I noticed a difference in the SOTP right away. Now just need to start plugging away.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Congrats. I've heard the TB's wake up quite a bit with few tweaks to the TM.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:28 AM
10 Second Club

That's true. The TM is real bad on the TB SS. The commanded PE is also very rich in the lower rpm range.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Teching In

This also applies to the LL8 (4.2L I6) motor too. They are severely crippled from the factory with waaay too much Torque Management. Removing most of it from the engine and transmission segments, bumping line pressure, 0ing shift times, adjusting shift points, and getting the AFR decent completely changes the way these things drive.

Heck, just removing the TM and making it shift firm at WOT from 1-2 is a huge improvement and takes like 5-10min in EFILive/HPTuners to do.