Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Carpet/Dynamat

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 10:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Carpet/Dynamat

Where is the best place online to buy molded carpet for a 98 Camaro. I need the entire car-from under the front dash to the rear hatch deck. I would also like to get some Dynamat to quiet down the ride. How much would I need to cover the passenger compartment (front and rear seats) with an average sized layer and then a nice thick (maybe 2) layers on the wheel wells and right under the back seats where the exhaust cutout is located? Any idea? Link me please---Thanks
Mitchell
Old 03-11-2007, 04:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't help you out on the carpet but I've done the sound deadening install in my car.
I really need to host the pictures but here's some shots of the install.
I used 160 sq/ft of sound deadening mat and 6 sq/yds of sound deadening foam. I highly recomand doing this, you won't believe the difference it makes.

http://www.projectcamaro.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=8114
Old 03-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Staging Lane

ProjectCamaro, any idea how much it ended up running you when all was said and done? I've been looking for information on this for awhile. Thanks.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:49 PM
TECH Junkie

How much did all that end up weighing?
Old 03-11-2007, 10:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 93blackformula
ProjectCamaro, any idea how much it ended up running you when all was said and done? I've been looking for information on this for awhile. Thanks.
I think it was around $600 total. You'll really need to do your research, there's a lot of bargan brand mats out there that I would never touch but then again I would never by the Dynomat brand because it is way overpriced itself.

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
How much did all that end up weighing?
I don't know the weight but it definitly added weight to the car. I'm not really bothered by it for a couple reasons. One, the difference afterwards is just amazing and two, a cammed LS1 on a 150 shot can still hold it's own just fine.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Yeah, I figure the weight wouldnt hurt me to bad either. So what brand did you go with? My buddy is looking into Damplifier Pro, it is supposed to be better than Dynomat.

I havent messed with Dynomat in over 15 years (it was the only stuff around back then), but it tended not to stick too good on hot days. I've heard they have all made improvements with the adhesives used since then.

Here is a link my buddy sent me comparing the different sound deadening sheets:

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/
Old 03-13-2007, 06:27 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ProjectCamaro
Can't help you out on the carpet but I've done the sound deadening install in my car.
I really need to host the pictures but here's some shots of the install.
I used 160 sq/ft of sound deadening mat and 6 sq/yds of sound deadening foam. I highly recomand doing this, you won't believe the difference it makes.

http://www.projectcamaro.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=8114
That is unbelivable bro !!!! Nice work !!! Ive been wanting to do this for a while now ... just knew it would be $$$ and take some time ... my car is a daily driver so I cant have it out for too long ...
Old 03-13-2007, 10:12 PM
TECH Addict

For the people that keep asking I used Raam Mat. I found it to be the best quality for the price. You can get a good amount of a quality mat without overpaying for dynamat.

It's my daily driver as well so I just took a couple days off to be safe.

Quick Reply: Carpet/Dynamat