Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yella Terra Rockers!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 01:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Yella Terra Rockers!!

will these rockers fit fine, with my stock valve covers???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy...QQcmdZViewItem

lane
Old 03-11-2007, 02:51 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just an fyi they are nearly $200 cheaper from our sponsor neweraperformance----->
Old 03-11-2007, 02:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Not to mention there a wate of money. Stock rockers are the best bet due to the touchy weight issues caused by aftermarket rockers. If you want rockers, buy a set of rebuilt stockers from Harlan Sharp.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
Not to mention there a wate of money. Stock rockers are the best bet due to the touchy weight issues caused by aftermarket rockers. If you want rockers, buy a set of rebuilt stockers from Harlan Sharp.
I couldn't have put it better myself. Stockers rule!
Old 03-11-2007, 04:37 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ferocity02
I couldn't have put it better myself. Stockers rule!
but unfortunately dont work very well on tfs heads
Old 03-11-2007, 05:39 PM
11 Second Club

Well I just bought some shaft mount ones from a guy on here for 300. I hope these will be fine. What do you guys think?

I was not going to buy the ones on ebay, it is just a short cutt to what they looked like, and all.

Lane
Old 03-11-2007, 05:40 PM
11 Second Club

And agian, will they fit fine with my stock valve covers???

Lane
Old 03-11-2007, 06:12 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by crazylane
And agian, will they fit fine with my stock valve covers???

Lane
yes.....
Old 03-11-2007, 08:18 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls2 bait
yes.....

Thanks man
Old 03-11-2007, 08:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They're not a waste of money. I have them and there are no issues what so ever. They are quieter than stock so what is not to like? Roller tips are a plus IMO!
Old 03-11-2007, 09:03 PM
11 Second Club

What do you mean by touchy weight issues caused by the aftermarket rockers?

If they are lighter isn't that a plus?? Or are they heavier?

Lane
Old 03-11-2007, 09:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by jub jub
They're not a waste of money. I have them and there are no issues what so ever. They are quieter than stock so what is not to like? Roller tips are a plus IMO!
The rockers are heavier on the valve side of the trunion, which in alot of cases, causes valve float issues and valve train stability problems in the upper rpm's. This could be remedied by stepping up to a stiffer spring, but in most cases, people that have trouble would rather swap back to stockers than change out their springs. They seem to be ok in mild applications, but aren't so great when you need to turn some rpm's. YT also came out with a "lighter" version of their rockers, but I've yet to see them tested.

What do you mean by touchy weight issues caused by the aftermarket rockers?

If they are lighter isn't that a plus?? Or are they heavier?

Lane
I answered most of that question above. The Rockers are heavier than the stock pieces. If you make sure to buy good parts in the begining, you shouldn't have any trouble. If you are gunna run the aftermarket rockers, make sure you get a good spring! Skimping in that area will surley cause you problems sooner than later.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The rockers are heavier on the valve side of the trunion, which in alot of cases, causes valve float issues and valve train stability problems in the upper rpm's. This could be remedied by stepping up to a stiffer spring, but in most cases, people that have trouble would rather swap back to stockers than change out their springs. They seem to be ok in mild applications, but aren't so great when you need to turn some rpm's. YT also came out with a "lighter" version of their rockers, but I've yet to see them tested.

I answered most of that question above. The Rockers are heavier than the stock pieces. If you make sure to buy good parts in the begining, you shouldn't have any trouble. If you are gunna run the aftermarket rockers, make sure you get a good spring! Skimping in that area will surley cause you problems sooner than later.
The ones on the link are the Newer style rocker. They do not have the issues that previous versions allegedly had and quite a few people have had good results with the new ones.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Mine have been dyno tested to 6700 rpm with no float. They are the new design though.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:39 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by jub jub
Mine have been dyno tested to 6700 rpm with no float. They are the new design though.
Mine have been to 6800 a bunch of times with no evidence of float. Big bonus is that they really quieted down my valve train noise. Best place to get them is from New Era Performance. -> Sponsor -> Mine were $370 plus shipping. I had stockers in my car until they started shedding needle bearings.

Jimbo
Old 03-12-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Jimbo'sZO6
I had stockers in my car until they started shedding needle bearings.

Jimbo
That's why i reccomended the rebuilt Harlan Sharps. They eliminate that problem. However, I'm glad YT stepped up and came out with a new design.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:29 PM
11 Second Club

I have a question,

You guys are talking about how heavy they are on the high rpm side, Is it possible if you can machine some material off of them to make them lighter. Would that be a good idea or is that just out of the question????

Lane
Old 03-12-2007, 09:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a question,

You guys are talking about how heavy they are on the high rpm side, Is it possible if you can machine some material off of them to make them lighter. Would that be a good idea or is that just out of the question????

Lane
The new Y/T rockers did that just to satisfy the nay-sayers. I don't think there was anything wrong with the old design to tell you the truth. Look at the HS rockers. They have a big nose and you don't here about floating with them.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:16 AM
Teching In

According to yella terra in AU the new ultra light weight rockers are lighter than stock and are lighter on the valve side of the trunion.

I have asked several sources including YT for some real data such as the weight of a set but have not gotten anyone to provide that answer yet. It would also remain to be seen what the actual weight on the valve would be as no one seems to have this information either, just statements as above without data to back it up.

If in fact these rockers do turn out to be lighter than stock in total weight and across the valve side I would buy them. Hopefully as more people get them, more information will come out. Jub Jub seems to like them and thats a plus to me but I will need to see more yet.

Mark
Old 03-13-2007, 09:33 AM
Staging Lane

I installed a set of the new style YT's last week and have no valve float issues. I was worried about getting needle bearing in the oil pan with the stockers and was originally going to send my stocker to HS for the upgrade.

Then I saw where Tony Mamo of AFR had used the ulta lites on a couple of his recent motor builds. I know he does spend alot of time on the dyno with his motors and only uses the parts that he believes in. That was good enough for me. Plus the YT's are only about $100 more than the rebuilt stocks but you get a roller tip, huge cross shaft for stability, and no more needle bearing in the oil pan. It made sense to me to go with the YT's for the peace of mind.

Quick Reply: Yella Terra Rockers!!