General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

new here need help PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 03:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new here need help PLEASE!!!!!!!!

the guys at teamchevelle sent me here said yoy guys would probably have this figured out in a matter of minutes

The problem is on a 1999 yukon 5.7 vortech. My father in law drove it home from work at 7:00am, when he went to leave again at 6:00 pm it would turn over but would not start. checked the fuel pressure it was 48lbs with key on and dropped to 25-30 while cranking, I replaced the fuel pump. It now has 58-60 with key on and 65 while cranking. Still will not start. replaced the cap,rotor,wires, plugs, and module. have a strong spark at all cylinders but still wont start. We tried shooting som starting fluid down the throttle body and got a back fire and some pops out the exhaust but as before no start. anyone have any ideas or suggestions. I am at a loss and need this thing fixed asap

Thanks

Ken
Old 03-11-2007, 06:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the security light flash on when you try to start it? It could be the security system. When the security system is activated it shuts down the injectors so the vehicle will not start.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i believe you have one of two issues, either a bad electrical issue...or something in your exhaust...

you have good air/fuel/spark?...youve got to have somewhere for that stuff to go, if theres a clog or jam somewhere it wont turn over...