Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another P0757 victim ... need advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 08:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Another P0757 victim ... need advice

Yesterday I picked up the car from my tuner, where I just had new injectors, MSD coils and a Mezenier installed. The car was dyno tuned. 440.1/397.7 an increase of 18 rwhp / 8 rwtq.

I do have a Vig 3200 triple disk that was installed last June and have not had any problems with it other then having to raise the line pressure 10% because the SES was blinking after the install. Shift points had been changed accordingly.

So....On my drive home I was cruising at around 65 mph, rpms were around 2000, when I tried to speed up. The speed stayed at 65 but the RPM headed up to almost redline. After that I started losing speed and had difficultly keeping highway speed. Several times with high rpms the tranny did seem to shift but I was having a hard time just keeping highway speeds. During all of this the SES was not lit.

I finally got to my exit and the car seemed like it was in 1st gear. I could get some acceleration up to about 3000 rpms then the rpms would just shoot up towards redline and give no additional power. I drove for about 5 minutes like this when the SES light finally came one. The tranny temp on my scan gauges was reading 220 degrees at this point. Luckily I do have a B&M cooler on the tranny or I'd hate to think of what it might have gone up to.

I got home and cleared the code with my scan gauge but the problem did not go away when I restarted the car. I thought the CM might be screwed up so I disconnected the battery over night ...but again the problem still is there.

The SES has stayed off since I cleared it the first time. I've driven the car around the block twice since then to test if I still had the problem.

From what I've read here this seems to be a classic case of a bleed orifice for a shift solenoid being plugged. Any opinions would be welcome.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually had the trans codes deleted from the computer program so the trans would not react to the loosness of the converter. Don't know if this is your problem but thought I would share.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do you know if your tuner set all of your shift times to "0" zero? I can't exactly remember what they're called, but it's the learning table for your shift times.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tootall
do you know if your tuner set all of your shift times to "0" zero? I can't exactly remember what they're called, but it's the learning table for your shift times.
Don't know but the vig was put in around last June and has least 50 runs at the track on it as well as being a daily driver and going down to Florida and back. Never have had a problem until now. The car sat for the last 2 1/2 months so maybe crap settled in the tranny over that period and plugged things.

Quick Reply: Another P0757 victim ... need advice