Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B body swap parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default B body swap parts exh and fuel

i believe the only things i'm not sure of on my 91 caprice 5.3 swap is the exhaust manifolds and fuel lines. i've yet to see a B body swapped without headers. they are not in the budget at current time, and i got to searching and came up empty. has anyone used the 5.3 pickup manifolds on a B body swap?

the car also has from the factory, the nylon/plastic fuel lines with quick connects. the TBI system is ~15psi max. i noticed in other conversion threads people run gm plasic fuel lines, are they equivalent to the ones in this car? i don't want to end up popping a line @ 55psi when i replace the pump. not having to replace the lines, which are all less than a year old, would be a great money saver, and allow me to retain stock filter and location, and have less to deal with as far as custom or non caprice parts to have to remember when replacing things down the road.

Last edited by patgizz; 03-11-2007 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Teching In

Default exhaust manifolds

I just put a 2003 5.3 yukon engine in my 1990 Caprice Classic Wagon. Mine is little different from your 1991. I had to cut the exhaust flange off both manifolds and turn and weld them back on. My manifolds only had 3 miles on them so they were real clean so the welding was easy with inconel rod and a heli arc.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Staging Lane

thanks. frame is pretty much the same. maybe i'll look for some headers, but i keep seeing things like "i used xxx with a little modification, others have used other brands with luck" but can never find the other people or brands.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:04 PM
Teching In

I put a 02 ls1 in a 84 Delta 88 (B body) and used headers from a Fbody I had to do some serious modifiing and frame notching if I ever need another set I would try the a-body swap headers instead they were not out yet when I did my swap. heres a link to a site with some pics of the frame and headers they are Pacesetters

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/716267
Old 02-04-2008, 12:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what about the f-body oil pan, do you have to modify the oil pan t fit the b-body frame?
Old 02-12-2008, 02:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Dirtpoor Delta
I put a 02 ls1 in a 84 Delta 88 (B body) and used headers from a Fbody I had to do some serious modifiing and frame notching if I ever need another set I would try the a-body swap headers instead they were not out yet when I did my swap. heres a link to a site with some pics of the frame and headers they are Pacesetters

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/716267
AWESOME PAGE! I had no problem with my LT1 swap, but I am looking at your page to see if there are tips for the LS1.

Quick Reply: B body swap parts