PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need a nitrous tune - running way lean - any suggestions???

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 11:54 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a nitrous tune - running way lean - any suggestions???

I went to the dyno today to see if my car was ready for a shot of juice. I bought an HSW dry kit over the Winter and it is now installed and ready to go.

My first run was N/A and it was way lean. The leanest reading was at 5,600 RPM with a 15:1 AFR. The entire 4,000 - 6,000 RPM range was 13.7 - 15.1 AFR. I then made two other N/A runs and they were very similar. Needless to say I decided not to try the nitrous today.

I currently do not have any tuning software. I had my PCM sent out for a mail order nitrous tune, but as you can see it is way too lean with that tune. My tuner told me that a 100 shot should be fine with the tune he put on my PCM.

Any sugegstions on what the best route to go would be? I am not planning on any other mods. My current mods are in my sig. I would like to run the 100 shot if possible. THANKS
Old 03-12-2007, 12:52 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since you don't have tuning software, you options might be somewhat limited depending on your budget. First recommendation is to purchase some tuning software. Second, contact your mail order tuner and try to work something out. Third, consider the mail order tune a loss and have someone local tune it, or take a gamble with another mail order tune.