Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

texas speed mail tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 02:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default texas speed mail tune

anyone have experience with one? i heard they can tune for good power and good wot runs. hows the everyday driveability on one with a cammed car?
Old 03-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Teching In

Default mail tune

texas speed sucks! i had them build me a 408, and it was nothing but problems. i sent them my cpu for a tune, and it was way off. they built the motor, u'd think they could tune it. if u need a mail tune ask theblur98ss. he had good luck with the guy he uses.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:44 PM
12 Second Club

eh, i have nothing against texas speed cuz i buy a lot from them but.....not a big fan of mail order tunes. you're gonna get it back and its still gonna need tuned. if you cant ride in the car and tweak everything here and there...how can you get a tune THAT close? ya know what i mean? i'd just go somewhere and get it tuned or find someone with ls1edit or hptuners or somethin
Old 03-13-2007, 09:16 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Brian @ Texas Speed & Performance's Avatar

Originally Posted by o1m6ss
texas speed sucks! i had them build me a 408, and it was nothing but problems. i sent them my cpu for a tune, and it was way off. they built the motor, u'd think they could tune it. if u need a mail tune ask theblur98ss. he had good luck with the guy he uses.
Congratulations, your first post was to bash us.

Jason's not perfect on every tune but he can get close. If it's not right, he'll do everything he can to make it right. He's done lot's of in house tuning with our Torquer v2 cam(232/234), as well as mail order. He'll be able to take care of idle, start up issues, etc. Just give us a call or PM one of us! We have lots of happy customers with one of Jason's mail tunes.

Brian
(806) 866-0734
Old 03-13-2007, 10:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

thanks for jumping in Brian. i have a comp cam thats pretty close to the torquer v2, ive been tuned by a local midwest tuner, but i still have idle issues(it surges from 750 to 1200 when i put it in park or N after driving), and surging/bucking when coming up to stops or driving real slow. does this sound like something Jason can take care of?
Old 03-13-2007, 01:31 PM
12 Second Club

Man, you live in a major city and are actually thinking about a mail order tune? They may be able to get it close (so can a Predator)...but there is no replacement for logging with a wbO2 and making final adjustments while watching the kr. Find a shop local to do it right and be done with it...or purchase tuning software and a wbO2 and learn to do it yourself.

Galen
Old 03-13-2007, 04:44 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Galen
Man, you live in a major city and are actually thinking about a mail order tune? They may be able to get it close (so can a Predator)...but there is no replacement for logging with a wbO2 and making final adjustments while watching the kr. Find a shop local to do it right and be done with it...or purchase tuning software and a wbO2 and learn to do it yourself.

Galen

thank you
Old 03-13-2007, 04:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah but the problem is there is only 1 decent tuning shop in town for LS1's, and we've been getting an out-of-town tuner come in about once a month, but its kinda iffy sometimes.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Brian @ Texas Speed & Performance
We have lots of happy customers with one of Jason's mail tunes.

Brian
+1, right on the spot for me!!!! Jason did a great job ..... Take a look at the number in my sign....
Old 03-13-2007, 09:01 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim_WS6
yeah but the problem is there is only 1 decent tuning shop in town for LS1's, and we've been getting an out-of-town tuner come in about once a month, but its kinda iffy sometimes.

So just suck it up and take it to another town.... mail orders tunes are GREAT... for making the car driveable enough to get it to a tuner. It's your car and your choice though. The costs are nearly the same but the results are nowhere close. Even if the mail order tune gets your idle right, you are certainly leaving WOT HP on the table.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:40 AM
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=Brian @ Texas Speed & Performance]Congratulations, your first post was to bash us.

you beat me to it
Old 03-14-2007, 12:19 PM
TECH Resident

[QUOTE=skifast87]
Originally Posted by Brian @ Texas Speed & Performance
Congratulations, your first post was to bash us.

you beat me to it

Mail order tunes have there place. You could start out with one and then go from there. If a tuner in your area is non existent, then a mail order will at least get you in the window for the time being.

R/

Frat

Quick Reply: texas speed mail tune