Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Noob Suspension question

Old 03-12-2007, 04:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob Suspension question

Im looking to buy a 00 ws6 but The car is lowered 1.8 in the back and 1.5 in the front.....it looks REALLY low......like too low......i dont want clearance issues......and if it is too low then how costly would it be to go back to stock or like only a 1" drop or something of the sorts......i plan on getting long tubes so thats another issue

thanks for the help guys
Old 03-12-2007, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

that is too low.

you could just buy new springs to bring the car back up, but as it sits now, the shocks (even if they are valved properly for the springs on there now...which i doubt) will not be valved properly for the new springs you toss in there.

at minimum, figure $530 for revalved bilsteins and $240 for hotchkis or bmr springs if you are dead set on a 1" drop. the strano springs i have on my car are 1.25" drop but i don't think stranoparts has anymore in stock.

or if you'd be happy with a 3/4" drop, you could get a set of Koni SA shocks $840 and put them on the lower perch in the front while doing the hose mod on the rear springs. you would have to find a set of stock springs which shouldn't be too hard to find. I myself have a set laying around.

at the very least, i would call sam strano at stranoparts and ask him what he would recommend
Old 03-12-2007, 06:36 PM
Staging Lane

Ok thats what i figured......it looks slammed pretty much and he claims its Professionally lowered w/ Bilstein Struts and Eibach Springs but who knows

thanks for the help dude
Old 03-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Staging Lane

He said that he has the stock suspension components also...how hard would it be to convert back? would it be worth it ?
Old 03-12-2007, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

stock shocks absolutely blow. just keep that in mind. it took me saturday and sunday afternoon to finish my shocks and springs...i did demolish my stock front shocks in order to get the mount off.

check out ls1howto.com for a writeup on front and rear shock/spring swaps
Old 03-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Staging Lane

i appreciate all the help dude....i'll look into it

Old 03-12-2007, 10:01 PM
TECH Regular

cheapest way would be to put back on the stock springs and use the bilstein shocks that are on there right now. If the shocks don't have may miles on you may be ok.

would not cost you a dime.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Noob Suspension question