Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Opinions on Boston's Chinatown

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 06:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Opinions on Boston's Chinatown

Hey, I'm heading to Boston on St. Patty's day, and am thinking of heading to Chinatown for the afternoon. What's it like (shady)? I heard on-street parking sucks *****. Any suggestions? Any good restauraunts? I also heard something about if you ask for a kettle of cold tea they bring you a kettle of cold beer w/out checking IDs.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dunno abotu the beer thing, but as far as food goes, i recommend the Chau Chow City on essex st for dim-sum brunch or lunch, or china pearl on tyler st for lunch or dinner. If you like vietnamese, try Pho Pasteur on washington for noodle soups. if you just want cheap and fast, try the Siagon Sandwich next door to pho pasteur (sandwiches and rice bowls are like $3).

yes, on street parking sucks *****. if you are spending the day in boston, i would for real just park on the streets near fanuiel hall for free, go to chinatown for lunch or dinner, and then go back to fanuiel hall to party... no real drinking places in chinatown, unles you want to watch ******* at the glass slipper
Old 03-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pahkin in bostin anywhere sucks ballz!! Never been to chinatown for dinner! Iused to work there for the ironworkeres union at the millenium towers.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:02 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i'll put money on it that you'll never find parking in china town. your going to end up driving around for a hour then paying 30.00+ to pay in a lot. the food is good, there are a bunch of places to choose from. you can also getting some pretty nasty hookers.

go ahead and ask for the cold tea, you'll never get it... it's like a great myth. i went bar hopping with a few guys from work and one of their father's worked in a resturant and sure enough there was beer in a tea kettle at our table. people ask all the time, it's embarassing to watch them bring it up, a complete stranger asking a resturant to serve them beer when they dont even have a license to sell that stuff. even more nuts since the health inspectors are always shutting those joints down for any little thing they can find.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i used to walk through chinatown all the time going from suffolk univ to south street diner. some parts were sketchy but i didnt care cause i was drunk and hungry