Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jet Hot/Hooker ORY owners inside

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 07:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Jet Hot/Hooker ORY owners inside

After nearly two years of numerous exhaust leaks and blown-out cat inserts, I have decided to trade my Jet Hot catted y for an ORY. I do have a few questions. First, where to buy? LM Performance is the only place I have found that sells the Jet Hot brand. Also, is this truly a 1 piece pipe? I'm not going to pay money for something that's just going to be prone to leaking again. Lastly, is the Hooker ORY interchangeable? I heard the Jet Hot design is the same, but with the Jet Hot coating. Thanks.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WS6store 225 shipped done deal there

and its a 2 peice design but I got 3" SS band clamps on my entire exhaust so i dont worry about leaks
Old 03-12-2007, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

Ok, next question...who has a good price on band clamps
Old 03-12-2007, 09:23 PM
12 Second Club

napa is great for band clamps... 3" ss for 8 a piece i think

the hooker is the same piece, in fact when i went in for inspection i borrowed a buddy's catted hooker and it slipped right in.

when i bought my car i inherited jet hot LTs and ORY and i have a question but search is... being itself so please take it easy on the idiot nub.

my ORY keeps wanting to crack at the merge. i have tried a couple of different ways of changing the pitch of the ORY from the collector to the I pipe, thinking that it was stressed in one direction, heated, then cooled and that those factors would make the weld weak and crack prone.

i tried rearranging it again this weekend and put a massive bead all the way around and it has already cracked again.

is this a common problem with the jet hot ORY?