Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

door panel and hvac

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 08:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default door panel and hvac

Other then purchasing kits from sponsers/nonsponsers as mentioned in previous posts, has anyone come up with a solution for the dim HVAC and pass door panel when using LED lamp replacement bulbs? Also if i were to use led lamp replacement bulbs for my cluster, will they also turn out as dim? Thanks for the info.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 03-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Staging Lane

i did and i found 1 person swapped out a 3mm led with a 5 mm led. I was just looking for some more ideas.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:22 PM
11 Second Club

74 leds
Old 03-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Staging Lane

i ordered replacement lamp LEDs from an online parts supplier. If you order electronic chips ect online there are two big guys for that [don't want to get in trouble for listing them]. so i've got the 74's in now but they are dull. Has someone tried adding additional holes in the HVAC to put more leds in there? This way you could also properly space out the leds to keep the color portion of the HVAC face illuminated since the blue led's counteract the red portion of the hot/cold dial.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:58 PM
On The Tree

did you use the 3 or 5mm LEDs for your HVAC, and which size for door? Also any idea how many are needed for HVAC and how many for door? thanks.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:00 PM
TECH Resident

Make your own setup.. LEDs seem to so many to be intimidating.. Buy some off ebay, and play around for a few minutes. You'll see they're super easy to hook-up. 100 lights come with resistors on ebay for very little $. They're small enough to put anywhere. I added 35+ Leds in my snowmobile speedometer just from what i've read on the tech boards. Simple +/- hookup w/ a resistor that comes with most e-bay LED auctions. Save some money!
Old 04-10-2007, 03:01 PM
Staging Lane

The ones i bought from an online parts supplier were replacement leds for the incadescents and were terrible. They were dull and did not disperse the light. I did not buy 3mm or 5mm leds, when refering to those types of leds they require resistors and are not plug and play. I want plug and play to minimize work.

For HVAC i used 2 "74 wedge based leds" from a "superbrightleds" online store. I chose white because it showed the red and blue portions of the controls a lot better then the blue did. I used 2 in the door panels and used the same part number as the HVAC just in blue. I paid 1.19 each plus shipping.

The passenger side door panel has terrible light propagation and i'm looking into a solution for that.

Quick Reply: door panel and hvac