Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you PLEASE...

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you PLEASE...

...help me fix this tune? Car originally had a 383 with an upgraded tranny. I have since put a stock(ish) LS1 in the car. (Mods in sig)

My problem is I think he had changed the downshift table properties... I ALWAYS redline during downshifts @ WOT.

I have HPTuner's (obviously) to compare a stock table but I can't seem to figure out what the problem is

I have no engine lights or codes either... Here is my tune, where should I start?
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
3-12-7 Final.hpt (449.2 KB, 94 views)

Last edited by kawasakiklx; 03-13-2007 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:55 AM
On The Tree

anyone?
Old 03-13-2007, 10:21 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the way its setup currently "looks" like it should shift fine...the only oddity is that the downshift is higher then the upshift, but i've seen it like that on many calibrations and im not exactly sure why.

Heres a stock file without that oddity just apply the gear/tire change & hit commit then just use the copy over differences feature for the shift points & TCC lockup points. It may work better...maybe not, but its worth a shot.
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
Stock.hpt (448.6 KB, 77 views)
Old 03-13-2007, 12:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by foff667
the way its setup currently "looks" like it should shift fine...the only oddity is that the downshift is higher then the upshift, but i've seen it like that on many calibrations and im not exactly sure why.

Heres a stock file without that oddity just apply the gear/tire change & hit commit then just use the copy over differences feature for the shift points & TCC lockup points. It may work better...maybe not, but its worth a shot.
I am pretty new to HPTuners I understand most of the things you said I should do but I don't know exactly how to do it, they did say to never use another flash and to always use the one that came on the computer.

Could you possibly modify mine and send it back over to me?

Is it possible the solenoids are out even though there is no check engine light?
Old 03-13-2007, 01:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wasnt telling you to flash that file into your vehicle...like I said just use its shift points as your guidelines.

Honestly I dont think your initial tune should cause any issues but apparently it is so I was giving you something to go on.