Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new setup is up and running!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 08:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up My new setup is up and running!!!

Ok i got it all done today and brought the car home. I drove it around for like 2-3 hours tonight and it runs great, this is a very steetable setup to my surprise, it drives just like a stock car all through the rpm's, with the exception of idle, which is nice and lopey. Oil psi is around 55 PSI while cruising at 1500 RPMS and goes up to 70-80 when i get on it hard.

The most unstreetable thing is the SPEC 3 that I have in there, it works really good but just takes a little more gas than the stocker does, I am getting used to it though and its getting easier, i am sure the McLeod master helps too.

I gave it a blind half *** tune to get it to idle ok and drive decent down low and it seems to have worked, this cam does not buck and surge at low RPMS like most do, I can cruise at 60MPH in 6th with stock 3.42's and it drives just like a stock car. I cant wait to get the 1 bar OS flashed in a week or two, then I can get this tune very well dialed in.

I am really amazed at the great steet manners this setup has. It reminds me of my stock cam car expect it is louder and pulls way harder.

It is very loud though with the dumped x -pipe and I am going to switch to a catted out the back x-pipe in the future because the drone is too much for my taste with it dumped right under the cabin. Cats and some one chamber flows should quite it down a little bit.

I took it out on the highway too so I could get on it and holy **** this thing pulls hard, I think it pulls about as hard or even harder then my last engine on a 150 shot did, I didnt even take it to the rev limiter (6700) because it was kinda scary. Remember Ive been driving a Taurus the last 4 months, lol.

I am so happy that I got this done and got it right, I did the entire build all by myself so I am glad I am now seeingh the fruits of my hard labor. This thing puts a huge smile on my face once I go past half throttle, it just picks up and starts screaming.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:55 PM
TECH Regular

videos please`
Old 03-12-2007, 08:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dub.ya.es.SICK
videos please`
Ill try to get some within the next few days. Forgive me but I am technologically impared, lol. My Information technology degree has left me with no more intrerest in electronic gadgets, well except for PCM tuning.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Launching!

congrats