Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange idle, bad sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 11:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Strange idle, bad sensor?

I recently had pacesetter LT and TSP TD installed with no cats and O2 sims. First couple of times I took the car out, between 3k and 3.5k rpms all power would cut out, but would return within maybe 1/10 of a second. I was very worried but it only did it twice and has been fine since.

However, the real problem is now when i drive whether i am coasting or in gear (M6 btw) the car will run at around 1600 to 1900 rpms; until i stop the car and the rpms will drop to just above normal idle, around 1000 to 1100 rpms. I took my car to the professional mechanics that did the exhaust work and they think there may be something wrong with a TB sensor. It does this most of the time, but not always. When it starts the weird idling, it never drops to the normal idle that it was at when i first started up the car.

In addition I am getting car running lean codes from my upstream O2 sensors, but I was getting those codes before the exhaust install. My mechanic also thinks that the O2 sensors may be bad and could also be playing a role in the strange idling situation mentioned above.

I am thinking that the power cutting out and turning back on from before may have burned up a sensor because of spiking when any electrical circuit is turned on. I am about to go get a diagnostics done on my car at a dealership to see if there is a sensor that is bad. The car doesn't misfire or anything, it is really strange.