Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

new clutch how to install throwout bearing???

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default new clutch how to install throwout bearing???

ok so my "new" transmission finnally got here from T56 rebuilds after waiting 2 months of waiting and waiting and the there is a smashed sensor and the fill top is shattered? i bought their best package #5B spent a lot of money and waited for this critical part for 2 months....and i get it with 2 broken things. now the internals better be good or else ill be starting some **** with them. anyways on to my question...i have a Spec 3+ clutch and 1: there is this steel disk like a shim that i do not know where to put it? and 2: how do i get my old throut bearing off the slave cylinder so i can put the new one on?
Old 03-13-2007, 11:14 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you tried calling me so I can file a dhl claim with them? We crate the transmissions to keep sensors from getting broken but under certain circumstances if a box gets put on top that can happen. We can always send you a set of sensors to replace it. Not sure what you are talking about on the fill top being shattered but why not call us so we can get the claim filed with DHL. I am pretty sure you are referencing 4B also since the 5B is a mikronited faceplated transmission. Give us a call so we can give DHL a call.

Thanks,
Amber
Old 03-13-2007, 11:15 AM
FormerVendor

The throwout bearing is held on with the spring. Remove the spring and the throwout bearing should come right off. Then install the new one. As long as this is an ls1 that is how we do it here.

Thanks,
Amber
Old 03-13-2007, 11:20 AM
FormerVendor

Christopher,

I just left you a message. Please call me about the damaged box when you get time. I called DHL and they said the box was in tact so I am just trying to figure out which sensor is broken and what other piece so I can file a claim for you.

Thanks,
Amber
Old 03-13-2007, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

no its alright i was just aggravated a little. i do have all my old sensors from my old transmission so the sensor is not a problem and the fill tube the end of it was shattered as if it were crushed because it is hard plastic. but again i have my old one and im sure it was DHLs fault so that is why i dont really want to go all out and file a claim. itll just become a hassle. sorry if what i wrote had come out as if i were putting the blame on you. i did not intend that at all. and thanks for replying on the T/B. is there a specific way of getting the spring off?
Old 03-13-2007, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Six Speeds Inc.
Christopher,

I just left you a message. Please call me about the damaged box when you get time. I called DHL and they said the box was in tact so I am just trying to figure out which sensor is broken and what other piece so I can file a claim for you.

Thanks,
Amber
oh it was the reverse lockout sensor, the connector end was snapped off
Old 03-13-2007, 12:05 PM
FormerVendor

Just pull it off. Joe said it is fairly easy to get off. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
Amber

Quick Reply: new clutch how to install throwout bearing???