Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

front sway bar removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 01:24 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front sway bar removal

whats involved in removing it? difficuly? tools needed?
Old 03-14-2007, 01:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

it's easy, a couple of sockets and wrenches for backup on the ends and that's it if I remember right. Takes a little time just because you have to use the wrenches as backup on the ends and those bolts are LONG winded for sure. I loved the difference it made in weight transfer, it'll pick the front up really well once removed. You will see more body roll in corners, but mine still handles well enough for a responsibly driver street car. Be prepared for the suspension gurus to yell at you, I ignore it because I never drive in an aggressive manner unless in a straight line
Old 03-14-2007, 02:01 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by oneBADDz
it's easy, a couple of sockets and wrenches for backup on the ends and that's it if I remember right. Takes a little time just because you have to use the wrenches as backup on the ends and those bolts are LONG winded for sure. I loved the difference it made in weight transfer, it'll pick the front up really well once removed. You will see more body roll in corners, but mine still handles well enough for a responsibly driver street car. Be prepared for the suspension gurus to yell at you, I ignore it because I never drive in an aggressive manner unless in a straight line
cool thanks. can i just drive the car up onto ramps or do i have to jack the car up onto jackstands? yea i dont care about taking turns...if i did i would have bought an evo. lol
Old 03-14-2007, 02:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ramps will be fine, you'll love it for straight line performance, it was an insane difference on my car, I'll never go back.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:25 AM
TECH Regular

cool thanks man, ill take it off tommorow and see how it feels.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here ya go:

Front Sway Bar

obviously, just do the first part, which is removal

it's pretty easy to do, you'll see once you get under there
Old 03-15-2007, 09:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Removing the wheels will make the job 10 times easier. Just for more clearance. Though its recommended the endlinks get tightened with the wheels loaded.

Also, don't be alarmed if you break all of your stock endlinks. The nuts on mine were rusted to the endlink and just twisted the metal. If for some reason you didn't get a set with your swaybar, definitely go buy some fresh new ones with bushings.