Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Twin cone Volant intake

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 06:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin cone Volant intake

Does anyone have a Twin cone Volant intake? First off how do you like it performance and looks? Post pictures please!
Old 03-15-2007, 07:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ill say it nicley before anyone else bags on ya. use the search button. it does look pretty cool, and performance is almost the same as a lid.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:24 PM
TECH Regular

I agree with 2000ws6ta. Looks nice but not worth the extra money and does not perform better than a lid.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

I already searched but didn't really find much. Don't make me bag on you jk no I wasn't planning to by it I just want to look at the set up in some pictures so I could try to make one myself. I can't find the Y tube connecting the filters and maf. does anyone know where I could get that Y plastic tube?
Old 03-15-2007, 08:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

I currently have a Volant with the twin cones and have also had a lid. I switched to the Volant 'cause I liked the looks. Those cones look badass!

As far as performance goes, they're basically the same. The Volant may work better than a lid provided you have a ram air hood. Anyone who says a lid is better is blowing smoke. As a matter of fact, there was a guy who tested a home made Volant type setup (I believe he didn't have the box) and his dyno pulls indicated that the twin cone setup made better power (he did A LOT of testing and pulls).

The price difference isn't that much if you can find a used Volant that's in good condition. I picked mine up off Ebay minus the filters, which I bought new from K&N. In total I paid around $150.

Marc
Old 03-16-2007, 06:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nytmare1
I currently have a Volant with the twin cones and have also had a lid. I switched to the Volant 'cause I liked the looks. Those cones look badass!

As far as performance goes, they're basically the same. The Volant may work better than a lid provided you have a ram air hood. Anyone who says a lid is better is blowing smoke. As a matter of fact, there was a guy who tested a home made Volant type setup (I believe he didn't have the box) and his dyno pulls indicated that the twin cone setup made better power (he did A LOT of testing and pulls).

The price difference isn't that much if you can find a used Volant that's in good condition. I picked mine up off Ebay minus the filters, which I bought new from K&N. In total I paid around $150.

Marc
nytmare1 what size K&N cone air filters did you use? Part number and how much?
Old 03-16-2007, 04:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

The K&N cones I'm using are 7" and are p/n RU-3530. I forget the cost, but I got them new on eBay and ran somewhere around $70.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get a lid

Quick Reply: Twin cone Volant intake