Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 LS1 to LS6 Intake & Heads conversions

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 LS1 to LS6 Intake & Heads conversions

Ok there was a lot I did not know I needed so I need some help. I am putting LS6 Heads & Intake on my 98. I have so far learned I need 99+ valve covers & brackets, I heard I need some type of coolant hose that connects from the LS6 that is different from the LS1, I need a new Oil Pressure Sending Unit but which kind I dont know LS1 or LS6 maybe you guys can help with those two questions and if I need anything else let me know the car is sitting at a shop awaiting install because I thought I had everything.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when i did mine...i had to swap to the
99+...
pcv hose
Valve Covers
Coil Brackets
water pump gaskets (98's have those shitty graphoil sp? ones...you'll need the nice reusable metal/oring ones)
oil sending unit i'm not sure about?
for the LS6 intake you will need the steam plug blockoffs that go on the top of the heads in the rear then the single crossover piece for the front.(i believe you can get the "ls6 intake conversion kit from TSP) or what i've seen some people do is just grind some of the plastic out from under the LS6 intake so they can use the LS1 steam tube crossover thinger (<- technical term )

that's all i can think of...other then the other normal H/C swap stuff like the head gaskets and bolts ... might want to pick up an LS2 timing set (gear/chain)
Old 03-15-2007, 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have everything you mentioned except the pcv hose & still not sure on which oil pressure sending unit to go with. Advanced auto parts has one for an ls1 listed as OPS-190 & for ls6 OPS-191. Thanks for the info I am trying not to get too ticked now that I am so close to having it done but missing so much.