PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help Throwing Codes After Head Cam Install.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 02:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Help Throwing Codes After Head Cam Install.

I just got done installing everything in my sig and now my car is throwing codes po0171 and po0174 which is a lean code. Since then I have changed my fuel filter and swaped my o2 sensors from the front to the rear. I thought I fixed it when I put on a screenless MAF on but after about 15 mintues of driving it came back. I also have 42 lbs injectors which is not in my sig. My tune was a mail order tune from texas speed. The car seems to run fine except it likes to idle at 1500 rpms until I come to a complete stop then it drops to the normal 1000 rpms. I think that problem might be from my FAST 90/90 set up. I also have block off plates on the LT headers for the AIR system which I don't think I had taken off from the tune. My question is could the problem be from not deleting my rear o2 sensors and blocking off my AIR system? The car seems to run fine except the 1500 rpm while out of gear, will I hurt anything if I drive it wile it is throwing these codes? Thanks for the help guys.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:46 AM
FormerVendor

Since you are getting a lean reading on both sides, you really need to check for 'global' intake leaks up top. Anything after the MAF could be causing this. Make sure the intake is seated properly, all vacuum lines are reattached, etc. Also, double check your exhaust components, re-installation as well.

Here are some detailed diagnostic steps that might help.

The hanging idle is using an with the Throttle Cracker function. I am sure TSP can resolve that for you.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:53 AM
On The Tree

I have read about guys checking leaks wiith starter fuild. How does that work? Thanks for the help.