Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Looking for Shop in SE AZ

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 08:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Shop in SE AZ

Hi was wondering if anyone could reccommend a good shop to go to somewhere in Arizona. I'm currently station about an hour southeast of tuscon but I'd be willing to go anywhere. The local dealership just scratched their heads at the problem I'm having.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:07 PM
Banned

what is the problem you're having???
Old 03-17-2007, 12:30 AM
12 Second Club

Not much help in S.V. Most likely you will have to travel to Tucson or Phoenix. You could ask around at the car show tomorrow at the mall in S.V. You might get lucky and find some one who can help you.

CAV All The Way!!!

Originally Posted by MattB4C
Hi was wondering if anyone could reccommend a good shop to go to somewhere in Arizona. I'm currently station about an hour southeast of tuscon but I'd be willing to go anywhere. The local dealership just scratched their heads at the problem I'm having.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:47 AM
On The Tree

I'm having alot of hesitation on acceleration and when I come to a stop it sometimes almost loses idle and dies. And from a stop sometimes it will have zero throttle response. So from a stop it will putter putter and as I give more gas it will eventually kick in and all of a sudden jump to life. But I never seem to have the amount of power it should have or did have.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Banned

Check the plugs, check for any intake leaks and whatnot...Clean the MAF with some carb cleaner...

Do you have any codes??? Any extra smell of gas??? When did this start happening, and is it all the time or just sometimes????

Try AZ power and Sound in Tempe, or NicD- he's a tuner, and this sounds like a bit of a tuning issue
Old 03-18-2007, 08:47 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by N20GTO
Check the plugs, check for any intake leaks and whatnot...Clean the MAF with some carb cleaner...

Do you have any codes??? Any extra smell of gas??? When did this start happening, and is it all the time or just sometimes????

Try AZ power and Sound in Tempe, or NicD- he's a tuner, and this sounds like a bit of a tuning issue
Excellent advice. However I highly recommend the use of MAF cleaner or brake cleaner. Neither of these will leave a residue on the tiny wires inside the MAF. There is a chance that a sensor may be going south as well. MAF, MAP etc.

Sounds like you may be new to the S.V. area. Have you considered the altitude difference of this area compared to where you were previously? We are at 4,800 feet.

I'm located near you so if you would like some assistance. I have the MAF and brake cleaner so you won't have to purchase any.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:30 PM
On The Tree

I was thinking the altitude might be doing it but I have a hard time believing it would have this much of an impact however I did come from the east coast which was basically sea level. Another strange thing is that I don't have any codes which I would think if its a tune problem it would have some sort of code. I'd appreciate any help you could offer and maybe an easy fix will do it. Its worth a try.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:15 PM
Banned

Altitude??? NO

I came from east coast, and my car did nothing...
Old 03-18-2007, 11:58 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by N20GTO
Altitude??? NO

I came from east coast, and my car did nothing...
Hey N20GTO are you in S.V. as well? If so we can all get together and help him with his car issues.

Last edited by azredbird; 03-19-2007 at 01:19 AM.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:09 AM
Banned

I don't even know what S.V is...

if you be a little more specific, i can look it up on a map...

In retrospect, i live up towards Flagstaff, on I17...Wack *** neighborhood, but the money got real good and the rent is free...
Old 03-19-2007, 08:28 AM
On The Tree

S.V.= Sierra Vista.... quite the booming metropolis lol.

Quick Reply: Looking for Shop in SE AZ