Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you've ever wasted money and time come inside

Old 03-16-2007, 05:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you've ever wasted money and time come inside

Here it is prepare to feel better about yourself. I think that if I'm to share my good fortunes I must provide equal time to my complete dumb *** failures.

First check mods at bottom..............

Ok now the idot part. All that work was done by me the second owner. I do most of my own work but also have a shop ive worked with on other projects and family cars etc. When I bought the car I took it to the shop to have him check out every thing and thought I told him to include a new PCV when he did tranny flush etc. See where I am going with this? Car has always had a miss and ate some oil. Quart every 2-3k. Ive had the car tuned, retuned, drag strip times have been from 14.50 to 13.06 started to hate the car a little. Just wanted to have a 12.99 car that was semi consistent. Last weekend we cleaned the MAF and the Throttle Body and found a good bit of oil. We went to the track after the cleaning put down the 13.06 and a 1.93 60' but I was low on oil again so I put a quart in and figured id get it back to my mechanic for a check of the PCV and replacement again since I thought it might be clogged already. I also noticed that the oil pressure was steadily getting lower and lower, sometimes as low as 20psi while cruising, and i began to hope that it was simply a bad sending unit. So we get to the PCV system and it is in about 4 pieces and the valve itself was mush. 8k miles, 60 passes, and lots of oil equals double check your mechanic.

so what are your et predictions now?
Old 03-16-2007, 05:13 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So were you low on oil when the psi was low? Because a bad PCV won't effect oil pressure.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Made like 25 passes on Sunday after putting a quart in and didnt check it again but guessing at least 1.5 low.

Search this Thread