Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch sticks to floor

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch sticks to floor

Im having intermittent sticking to the floor issues. Whenever it does it, if can be fixed by manually popping the pedal up. Any ideas? Its done this ever since the engine swap.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I beleive this is the condition called "crashed pedal" Mine used to do it when I was playing around doing high speed runs down the highway after 150mph if I hit the clutch for any reason it fell to the floor and I would have to pick it back up. When I put in my Spec 3 a while ago (good clutch I run 10s on it) It came with a shim to push the slave out closer to the pressure plate, in the directions it was claimed this shim was made specifically to solve that problem, and it definitely did! However Im not stupid enough to be trying to top my car out any more because every time I did I never got to top speed before I ended scaring the **** out of myself (eg. passing a tractor trailor at 176mph and I needed a calculator to figure that out! or almost getting cutoff by someone not expecting me several times)
Old 03-17-2007, 01:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm on my third clutch assembly...master, slave, pressure plate, clutch with a speed bleeder and I still have the pedal issue you are discussing..

If you pull the fluid out of the master with a large syringe and then refill the fluid with the appropriate fluid...(the whole thing takes a few minutes..just don't get any on the paint) and you do it monthly you should be able to minimize the situation...

I've heard some people do it everyday for a week and then never need to do it again as well.

I've heard people put in a new clutch assembly kit with the textrilla (sp) and also avoid it..

Next time I do a clutch thats the brand I'm going to use...

I'm also considering put in a clutch pedal stop in the near future (carolina clutch carries it for 75 dollars) as some say the pedal is being depressed to far and the pressure plate is inverting and then sticking to the clutch facing (thereby not allowing the pedal to come back up)

So the first thing I would suggest is replacing the fluid in the clutch master every day for a week...then replacing the fluid every month....

The second thing I would consider suggesting is the clutch pedal stop.

Third I'd put some type of heat shielding on the hose from the master to the slave...

And the forth and final would be buying the textrella clutch assembly and a speed bleeder. (and replace the master, slave etc with what textrella suggests..)

The labor on the vette clutch swap is a lot higher so I'm hestitant to go for a fourth setup just a few months after installing the ls7 assembly..(the ls7 is definitely not the cure so I would not recommend that route. It was just good for 5K miles and then the pedal sticking BS started again)

HTH

JB

Last edited by JBsZ06; 03-17-2007 at 02:06 PM.