Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Baby my rebuilt rearend...that almosts sounds bad.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baby my rebuilt rearend...that almosts sounds bad.

I just had my stock rearend rebuilt...the passenger side axel bearing went out over time....When it went the car had about 80,000 miles on it....I don't drag race the car but occasionally I will do a "light" burnout. Is it typical for these rearends to go out like that? When the rebuilt the rearend, they said they had to put a repair bearing on that side. The pinion and ring gears wee in great shape....The question is should I baby my ls1 now? No burnouts and such or should it be able to handel this?
Thanks
Old 03-18-2007, 03:45 PM
TECH Addict

No idea if that's normal for a 10-bolt to do. Both times that my 10-bolt has broken was due to sticky tires at the local drag strip. Bearings looked fine both times, the carrier is another story. Now should you baby your LS1? I dunno, but I don't expect every part on this car to last forever. I guess you should be asking yourself if you'd rather have fun driving your car, or try to make it last as long as possible...
Old 03-18-2007, 04:28 PM
On The Tree

Well, late last night I did a great burnout....I guess if your not wearin out parts youre not driving