Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

transmission leak

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 11:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default transmission leak

I was exiting onto I-5 to get back to base and as i was pulling onto it smoke started to fill into the cab and then it was pouring out the rear, i and then the rpm increased and it didnt accelerate anymore, i pulled over shut it off and saw there was a large trail of fluid down the on ramp and a large puddle under the car. I started it for about 5 seconds and fluid started gushing from the transmission again. It looked like it was comming from the front of the transmission. Im going to jack it up this week. Im hoping its just someithing simple, like the dip stick tube, or at most the front seal and not anything more serious.
I just dont see how it could be the seal because there was no fluid under the car when i got in it and then less then 5 miles away all of a sudden the seal goes out. I wasnt beating it or anything i was just driving it normal.
I have a ptc built th 400 with rmvb and trans break.
Has anyone ever had this happen or know somebody who did? What did it turn out to be? Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Tyler
Old 03-18-2007, 11:51 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

To pump fluild I would bet on a front seal unless you have rubber cooler lines or something that could have come loose

Call 888-744-6542

Old 03-19-2007, 12:47 AM
Launching!

Default tranny leak

I figure it will probably be the seal which is ok because thats not htat big of a deal to fix.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:54 PM
Launching!

I jacked it up today and it looks like the tranny cooler lines were torn, something on the road must have caught them.