LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Progress/ Things changing

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 10:55 AM
JUICED96Z

Default Progress/ Things changing

Well I ditched the old SMALL cam I have and a buddy of mine is buying it for his IROC

Today or in the next few days I am taking my heads to a local machine shop that does almost nothing but race stuff and will not do anything smaller then a V-8.

They are going to flow my heads for me any tweak them if need be.

For about $1,200 they will fully prep my block, 4-bolt main it, clear it for a 383, ect ect. For around the same price I can get a fully forged bottom end threw a buddies company. Going to go with a Nitro Daves plate system and spray a 200-250 shot. Going to add another Walbro 255 to the one I have now.

Questions, anyone know if I can use the Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator that I have now that connects to the stock lines with that? Or go to a larger one with AN lines?

Car will be making around 600-650rwhp on the bottle now.

I talked to Pro Built Automatics on their top of the line pro-street rebuild kit and he said he has two in the high nines, one at 134-135mph and the other at 138-139mph, which translates into apx. 735-750HP at the flywheel. I have another that has ran mid nines at 142-144+mph. This is over 850HP at the crank. The first has several hundred passes, and the second has well over 1500 runs on his, and the third has about 300 passes.

So that and a 12 bolt with a molly driveshaft should do it.

I am really thinking about a sollid roller 383

Anyone know what RPM a ported 58MM LT1 intake will take?
I want to say its 7k RPM because I heard there are no tables for past 7k in the LT1 PCM.

I have thought about a carb style intake with a FAST and cowl hood to clear it but things are getting expensive as it is.

I put my Fuddle 3200 up for sale in the for sale section if anyone is interested.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:34 PM
JUICED96Z

Well I just got back from the machine shop that REALLY respected for their race engines around here.

For what I want they told me my LT1 heads and intake will really hold me back and choke me out.

Selling my entire top end and going with 23 degree heads, carb style intake, FAST, more then likley 383 and up CUI.

Lots of juice, TH-400

When he told me what he could make a LT1 do with a carb intake and 23 degree heads I about fell over.

They also build motors with aftermarket blocks that make 1,000 on the motor and can be street driven.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:40 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
Well I just got back from the machine shop that REALLY respected for their race engines around here.

For what I want they told me my LT1 heads and intake will really hold me back and choke me out.

Selling my entire top end and going with 23 degree heads, carb style intake, FAST, more then likley 383 and up CUI.

Lots of juice, TH-400

When he told me what he could make a LT1 do with a carb intake and 23 degree heads I about fell over.

They also build motors with aftermarket blocks that make 1,000 on the motor and can be street driven.
one you get rid of the heads and the intake... it aint a lt1 no more... its jsut like any other SBC.... jsut buy a SBC block and do what you pkanned on doing to the lt1..... makes using normal flow 23* heads easier anyways.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:23 PM
JUICED96Z

Well they are not changing much to convert normal 23 degree heads to reverse flow.

I may go with another block I am not sure yet.

Just got off the phone with Nitro daves and I am going to have ONE HECK of a sleeper.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hell yeah man, the sleeper thing is cool, I think SR 383, and the ported lt1 intake "IF" it was done right is just fine if not as good as an LT4. Or you can have someone like LME go over it to clean it up a little. Good for into the 7k range.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:32 PM
JUICED96Z

Going with a single plain and something that nitro dave is getting ready to come out with. I will be able to use the stock hood and my TB with it and the single plain Then their carb plate set up and will be able to spray up to a 300 shot.........

More then likley will have to sell my tweaked Holley 58MM for a larger one.

Not sure on the CUI, maybe larger then 383. May not be going SR cam.

A local buddy of mine is paying good money for my 10 bolt and 4L60E. Going TH-400 and Moser 12 bolt or 9 inch with a spool.

Ill have so much stuff for sell its crazy.

My cage can go 8.50's. Something tells me it may run 9's or close to it on motor alone.

600 crank hp threw a neil chance stall and TH-400 (trans braked) and 12 bolt or 9 inch. Then a 250-300 shot....

They had a BBC sitting there for 16k minus the carb that makes 1,000 crank hp. Pretty cheap if you ask me.

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 03-20-2007 at 12:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Progress/ Things changing