Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

rear sway bar

Old 03-19-2007, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default rear sway bar

Is a rear sway bar worth it? For suspension I have lakewood lower control arms and BMR adjustable tourque arm and was looking at what else to add for my suspension and some one suggested rear sway bar.Does it improve tracktion or should i stick with the stock one
Old 03-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Launching!

i say go with a bigger one, i went with the BMR extreme drag bar which has heim joints on the ends, prob not good for street but a good aftermarket BMR bar will help out every bit, just get the rear one.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:27 PM
10 Second Club

I think it depends on what you're doing with the car. If it's just light duty drag use, then you could find something better to spend your money on, but if you're having trouble hooking and you do race alot, then it might be worth it. It just helps keep the pass. side rear tire from unloading and loading too much on the drivers side causing you to lose alittle traction or make the car pull to the right. I've ran consistent 7.0's with 1.4x's 60's with the stock bar. I'm looking at Wolfe's drag bar now for new setup. Just depends I guess. Hope this helped.

Chris
Old 03-19-2007, 07:41 PM
TECH Junkie

I wouldnt get that BMR drag bar unless you were really hardcore into drag racing. A good combination of front and rear bar is usually what you want. If you do a 32mm 1le type bar, you could just keep the stock rear bar. If you do a 35mm front, get a 21mm rear. Lots of combo packages include strange size combinations. I have the 35mm front 21mm rear. I would have gotten the Strano bars though if I could go back and change what I got.

Search this Thread