Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Warranty Companies

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 07:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warranty Companies

I hate extended warranty comps. They denied my claim which was proven to be a mecanical failure. a wrist pin broke and fucked up my piston and they came out looked at it agreed with the shop and still turned it down now my car will soon be sitting in the driveway untill i can get the money up to fix it. ok my little rant is over just had to let it out. I HATE WARRANTY COMPANIES
Old 03-19-2007, 07:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

i only buy extended warranties from OE manufactureres. ive heard too many stories like this to buy anything else.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:33 PM
12 Second Club

I was lucky and my warranty covered my "catastrophic engine failure." Take em to court if you can afford it man. I may be cheaper than paying to fix it yourself. I paid $1500 for my extended warranty and I have had a total of about $9,000 worth of work done since then. Most of which was the new engine.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:13 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Always buy the Manufactures warrentee, get 100$ deduct and be happy, aftermarket is a rip, even though most dealerships make more for the Manu. warentee, the stupid sales managers push the aftermarket.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:33 AM
12 Second Club

I've had so many issues with the dealer where I got my car even when it was still under gm warranty, I purchased the extended also..what a mistake that was. A few years back there was a nasty clang in the rear so I pulled the cover off to check it out so the dealer couldnt screw me over like they did in the past, there was a tooth missing on the ring and pinion gears...brought it in and they told me it was because I drained it and didnt add posi additive and tried wacking me over $200 for diagnosis.......yep warranty companies suck *****
Old 03-20-2007, 08:50 AM
On The Tree

i had (just ran out 2 miles ago) the universal underwritters warranty...they were good to me, never had any problems
Old 03-20-2007, 08:54 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ws6on19s
I've had so many issues with the dealer where I got my car even when it was still under gm warranty, I purchased the extended also..what a mistake that was. A few years back there was a nasty clang in the rear so I pulled the cover off to check it out so the dealer couldnt screw me over like they did in the past, there was a tooth missing on the ring and pinion gears...brought it in and they told me it was because I drained it and didnt add posi additive and tried wacking me over $200 for diagnosis.......yep warranty companies suck *****

situations like that NEVER tell them you touched it. They'll instantly turn it around and pin that as the cause of the problem. Crooks x5!
Old 03-20-2007, 10:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My sister has had to go through hell with ford over her extended warranty as well as her boyfriend with chevy over his 02 blazer. My sister has had only minor problems which eventually got fixed but her boyfriend has had electrical problems, the engine replaced, tranny replaced, etc and they refuse to buy the car back. The car still runs like **** even after all that work. I have to say though Jaguar has some of the best customer service and warranty around. I know they are owned by Ford now but they back all their products no matter what and dont bill you for any diagnostic charges. My uncle has an 03 x-type and he had a pretty bad vibration due to the awd system being out of whack. They took the car in and replaced the tires free of charge because when they sold it the tires were ok but the vibrations ruined them (mounted and balanced them too). That didnt solve it so they took it back in a week later and found out they needed to replace the entire transfer case and the axle/prop shafts. Gave him a brand new x-type as a loaner and fixed the car within a week. All of this was done at no charge. I havent had any issues with my 04 yet but after seeing how well they treated my uncle I would never hesitate to buy a jaguar again.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:15 PM
Staging Lane

i've never really had any other problems with my extended warrenty companies before and the past two times now this one and i had a prob with my 99" SS back in 04" and got screwed there so from here on out i am going to try to do some kind of background checks on these warrenty comps the dealers use before i go ahead and sign away. it just sucks because to fix the car out of pocket is only $1595 plus tax and i still can't afford that with my rent and other bills. however i am letting my hours from work build into my bank then by june i will have way more then enough to fix it when i dump my time bank into my check then more then the motor is getting done
Old 03-24-2007, 09:59 AM
Staging Lane

i am a service writer for a chevy dealership and just from my experience with aftermarket warranties, i would def rec the manufactures warranty ex: gm has a gmpp major guard and it basically covers everything down to a keyless entry remote. I am not knocking aftermarket warranties because some are pretty good like universal underwriters, but some are difficult to deal with because they dont pay the shop labor rate and no one wants to deal with that. There is alot of fine print with repair coverage. For example if you have a hvac problem, they may cover the hvac module but not the blower resistor. No sure what dumbass determined what part to cover within the same concern. Also the writer and the warranty rep pull alot of weight when deciding if the repair should be covered. For example, a warranty rep will ask the writer : "are there any modifications the the vehicle?" If the writer says yes for having some bolts ons or aftermarket exhaust, chances are the warranty company will decline powertrain repairs even if the bolt on does not petain to the failure. Unfortunately you are in the hands of the writer - which I agree is not right - but if they explain it the wrong way, you could be declined - there is always a way to get a repair covered - if you are a good customer which means you come in and get your maint done there, the writer could go to the service manager and get help for you - it's called a good will repair - you could make a deal where gm will pay for the parts and you pay the labor - or you if you bitch to gm enough you will see results - trust it works!!!! i've seen people with who broke things or tries to work on their own car and gm covered it - good luck
Old 03-25-2007, 09:15 AM
Staging Lane

thaks man i appreciate you chimming in i will try to work something out but i work mon-sat about 10-13 hours a day with just one day off and everyone is closed on sundays i don't even have time to make a phone call during the week lol but again i will try to pursue something i hate having the car just sit there. just towed it back from the shop yesterday now she is covered up in the drive way.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:21 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jrocs00z28
thaks man i appreciate you chimming in i will try to work something out but i work mon-sat about 10-13 hours a day with just one day off and everyone is closed on sundays i don't even have time to make a phone call during the week lol but again i will try to pursue something i hate having the car just sit there. just towed it back from the shop yesterday now she is covered up in the drive way.
hello, if you want you can call gm 24/7 the number is: 1-800-222-1020 or put in a call to the service manager and have him call your at you convienence..and by the way i'm a girl....lol
Old 03-25-2007, 09:52 AM
Staging Lane

oh my bad lol thanks and by the way i hope you didn't take offense to the "thanks man" part i don't think sometimes when i type and just respond with that most of the time my apologies
Old 03-25-2007, 11:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jrocs00z28
oh my bad lol thanks and by the way i hope you didn't take offense to the "thanks man" part i don't think sometimes when i type and just respond with that most of the time my apologies
ha ha !!! let me know how ya make out with it..have a nice day