View Full Version : Dan's truck part II

DanaliHD
03-19-2007, 09:11 PM
ok, that other thread was too damn long. So, here's where we stand. I got all the plugs changed and stopped the exhaust leaks (that i caused). truck is idling good. i logged some data and sent it to don. all looked fine but the truck was running like ass. lack of power, bogging out etc.

he made some tranny adjustments and vwaaaala. like magic. made a big difference. i'm still thinking something is not 100% cause from a dead stop the tires don't break loose. it gets to 90 in a friggin hurry though.

The newest discovory though is this. my voltage is fluctuating while cruising. 55mph, 2000rpm, in vacuum, voltage drops from 14ish to 11ish, headlights dim, comes back up. I moved the main alt wire away from the spark plug wires and away from the crossover pipe. Haven't driven it yet. Will report back tomorrow.

Anyone think I may have a loose ground somewhere? never crossed my mind until about 4sec ago.

oh, and i just did the troubleshooting on the new dynotune a/f gauge. turns out my O2 sensor is dead. oops. no wonder it wasn't reading accurate. I'm thinking of selling the LC1 and dynotune gauge for a Wideband Commander

8ALTNG
03-19-2007, 09:17 PM
Sounds good Dan. What convertor dou you have in there??? That might be part of your spinning problem

DanaliHD
03-19-2007, 09:30 PM
converter is a Yank SC3000. It spun the shit out of the tires when i first picked it up. Although, i did put fat new tires on there. maybe they just grip really well, lol.

badpewter-z
03-19-2007, 09:54 PM
i hear ya on the lc-1 im starting to think there wayyyyyyy to picky and sensitive for NE weather, ill be going on my 4th sensor in 2 yrs :bang: as for the spinning tires. im willing to bet its the new tires plus the roads have , well were warming up, go out tonight and see what happens :jest;

Speedy0009
03-19-2007, 10:10 PM
converter is a Yank SC3000. It spun the shit out of the tires when i first picked it up. Although, i did put fat new tires on there. maybe they just grip really well, lol.

What did you put for tires? New wheels too right? Did I miss that thread?

Slowhawk
03-19-2007, 10:51 PM
Actually that sensor was new.I used the one from the shop when we had it and never changed it.
Verify with EFI live if it's working right,not that shitty LC1 software crap.

As for spinning.Hold the brakes,roll the gas till you see 5+ lbs of boost and let the hammer drop.Should spin for a long time.

DanaliHD
03-20-2007, 07:50 PM
I put Weld Evo Renegade 8 wheels on 18X8.5" and Cooper Zeon XST 285/55/18 tires. According to the "troubleshooting" of the a/f gauge, the sensor is dead. It doesn't heat up. oh well.

The coolest thing happened tonight. Started the truck, sitting in the parking lot at work. truck was pretty quite, smooth idle. I was thinking, hmm, why is my dash so dim. looked at the voltage. it read under 12. like, 9 i would guess. lol. touched the gas a few times and it jumped back up to 14+ and stayed there. WTF? It's almost funny.................almost. It's got to be a ground wire or a bad connection somewhere right?

BlazinT/A
03-20-2007, 08:44 PM
have you tried testing the alternator diode?

DanaliHD
03-20-2007, 10:36 PM
no, haven't tested the diode, not even sure what that means, lol.

8ALTNG
03-20-2007, 11:06 PM
i know the alt. has been cleaned and reassembled. Don made sure that it qorked before it went back in the truck.

DanaliHD
03-21-2007, 06:35 AM
i know the alt. has been cleaned and reassembled. Don made sure that it qorked before it went back in the truck.

yuppers, so looks like i'm gonna be chasing ground wires and tearing into all these wire looms looking for a problem. Should i post up the voltage issue in another section on here? maybe somebody else will have some thoughts.

The truck is possesed, no question about it. :jest:

Slowhawk
03-21-2007, 06:51 AM
The altinator is directly wired the the computer.
The power wire is direct to the battery.
2 big ground wires with 1 to the frame and 1 to the motor.

Doubt any of those are the problem. I would start with the headlight mods you did.Vette's have a ton of problems when they modify the headlights.

Whip
03-21-2007, 01:37 PM
I say the rectifier might be blown. This is most likely due to a homotron. A homotron is a queer electron in the system that goes around blowing rectifiers. Noyzee has had that problem a lot.

thechef
03-21-2007, 03:31 PM
I say the rectifier might be blown. This is most likely due to a homotron. A homotron is a queer electron in the system that goes around blowing rectifiers. Noyzee has had that problem a lot.

:jest:

bad6as
03-21-2007, 04:06 PM
the spinign issue might be because you where supercharged and your now turbo. you dont have the low end power as the supercharger gave you.

brake boosting will fix that

DanaliHD
03-21-2007, 11:25 PM
The altinator is directly wired the the computer.
The power wire is direct to the battery.
2 big ground wires with 1 to the frame and 1 to the motor.

Doubt any of those are the problem. I would start with the headlight mods you did.Vette's have a ton of problems when they modify the headlights.

hmm, good call. i'll check it out. i also noticed my friggin blinker light on the gauge works when it wants to. one quick fist to the dash fixes it though, lol. something is loose in there for sure. also have a loose wire somewhere in the speaker of the rear pass door. gonna fix that tomorrow. i'm pulling the whole kit off tomorrow to re heat wrap it with black wrap. should look pretty sweet. i'll post pics if i remember

DanaliHD
03-25-2007, 09:18 PM
fixed it.............kinda. i hooked the eboost back up and now it runs like a champ. had to put the 10lb spring back in cause it was overboosting the stock settings. working out some TCC bugs right now. not diggin the locking unlocking settings. no big deal.

now the big challenge is gonna be making heads or tails of the eboost manual. I read it twice today and i'm still totally confused. right now i'm leaving it set to stock witch appears to run strictly off the wastegate.

DanaliHD
03-26-2007, 09:07 PM
wow, that didn't last long. back to running like ass. unreal. when the tcc locks the a/f goes to 17:1. thats fun.

the exhaust SMELLS. holy shit. very strange, wasn't like that 2 days ago.

the bov is missing 2 of 3 nuts. the 1 that was on there was loose. also the bov piston is all scratched up. According the the instructions that is a sign of wear and it needs to be replace. hmm, could this be the cause of my problems? probably not.

At this point i'm thinking it's mostly TC related. i have a funny feeling the converter is shot or one of the connectors to the trans is f'd up.

A/F seems fine, idle is fine, plugs/wires are fine, spark is fine, vacuum is 15ish at idle, it makes boost just fine (a little slower than usual right now).

when i'm not in boost it sputters, boggs, etc. BUT, there is no sign of this other than me telling you. No engine data i could show you would indicate a problem.

I'm bringing it to the trans guy who installed the tc tomorrow. see what he says. Also gonna look more into this bov issue. Then, don't know what.

I feel like i'm bi-polar. :jest:

DanaliHD
03-27-2007, 09:33 PM
pulled the turbo, downpipe, and crossover pipe off the truck again tonight. good times. checked the resistance on the plug wires. pass side were all the same, 0.92. Driver's side had 3 the same at 0.09 and one at 5.85. I replaced that one. Does it matter that the resistance on the pass and driver's side don't match?

anyway, the plugs all looked fine. I was worried about one of them because it didn't show much sign of wear. Then i did a compression test. all 8 cylinders were exactly the same, just shy of 9 on my cheapo advance auto parts gauge.

i put the driver's side coil pack were it belongs because it wasn't bolted down properly. grounded them both to the firewall. rewrapped the crossover and downpipe with the darker color exhaust wrap. now i need to spray it and put it all back together.

Friday it's going in for a vacuum check. hopefully something will show up. otherwise, nobody had a god damn clue what is wrong with it.

badpewter-z
03-27-2007, 10:08 PM
was the unfiring plug the one with the bad wire?

DanaliHD
03-27-2007, 10:27 PM
was the unfiring plug the one with the bad wire?

nope. not sure the plug wasn't firing. although that plug wire came off very easy. once i get it back together i'll know if that was the problem.

i'm probably gonna run to advance auto tomorrow after work to get the hose clamps and header wrap spray i need. especially cause they now have a really hot chick workin nights over there who's into drag trucks.

badpewter-z
03-27-2007, 10:32 PM
probbly wasnt clipped on all the way and that would explain it. very easy to miss

DanaliHD
03-27-2007, 11:08 PM
man i hope it was that easy. the problem is the track ran kick ass for 2 full days then barely ran all of a sudden. this is easily the 4th or 5th time it's happened. can't explain it.

it literally barely made it around the block today. i was scared.

DanaliHD
03-30-2007, 04:22 PM
LMFAO, i had a vacuum smoke test done today on the truck. Only found 3 BIG vacuum leaks. 2 on the intercooler pipe that ass clown custom made for me. the other was on the throttle body. hmm, gotta get ahold of nick williams to see if he'll fix it.

Anyway, the entire kit is again off the truck. I brought all of the pipes to a local welder who was shocked at what he saw. He was almost speachless at how bad the welds looked. Some of the worst he's seen. That makes me happy. He's gonna re-weld all of it then it's all going to Next Generation Powder Coating to get coated BLACK. They are doing a set of exhaust manifolds for me right now.

So, the truck will be down for a few weeks. I'm gonna order up some new valve covers too cause mine look like someone whiped their ass with them.

I think that's about all for now. It ran great for the 3 miles or so i drove it today. hardly any lag. ya know, the way it should run.

8ALTNG
03-30-2007, 04:24 PM
Glad to see you found the last of your problems.....I hope......

DanaliHD
04-04-2007, 08:03 PM
ok, just got back from myrtle beach. GOD DAMN everyone has exhaust systems and rims out there. unreal. Anyway, the welder called me today while i was in the shitter at the airport, lol. While laughing he said something along the lines of, ..."every weld was horrible, multiple leaks/holes. the welds were crumbling.....who did this?.... etc, etc." i'm paraphrasing cause i don't remember exactly what he said. He wasn't impressed with TZs welding skills or lack there of.

So, $150 later all the welds are redone and ready for the ceramic coater. I'm going to get the pipes and pay the guy in the am. Should have the coated pipes next saturday. my mother is dropping them off on her way back to westfield and my pops is bringing them up here next weekend when he comes to visit. I'm loving that plan. I don't have to do shit. lol.

And here's a tip for you turbo guys: Don't start the engine with the turbo kit off the vehicle. Oil will spray all over the fucking place. OOPS!!!!!!

8ALTNG
04-04-2007, 08:13 PM
And here's a tip for you turbo guys: Don't start the engine with the turbo kit off the vehicle. Oil will spray all over the fucking place. OOPS!!!!!!
You are a Genius :jest: :jest: :jest: :jest: :jest: :jest:

Slowhawk
04-04-2007, 08:20 PM
So,I'm sure your surprised that TZ is not a sponsor anymore :eyes:

8ALTNG
04-04-2007, 09:05 PM
:jest: :jest: :jest: :jest: :jest:

DanaliHD
04-04-2007, 09:08 PM

old news, old news. i'm still amazed that people like that are allowed to exist. and people like me are stupid enough to fall for their bullshit. oh well, at least i was more in a position to lose an assload of money than alot of guys are. not that i am in a position to lose money, but, you know what i mean.

DanaliHD
04-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Turbo kit is baking as I type. He's going to polish the intake side of the turbo and ceramic coat the back side black. Can't friggin wait. It's going back on the truck on FRIDAY!!!!! $850 total. not too bad.

My issue now is, my Nick Williams TB is still leaking and I don't know how to fix it. Actually, I can't even get it off the truck. all 5 bolts are out but that bitch is not moving.

The new aeromotive pump controller is on the truck. I moved it a little and made a shield for it out of sheet metal. Gonna finish bolting it up tomorrow. (this is to keep water from splashing on it).

The new wideband is installed, looks sweeeeeeeeeet. Went with a wideband commander.

That's about it for now. I'm praying to the gods of shitty luck that my truck runs perfect once i get it back together.

ace68
04-09-2007, 07:13 PM
I thought you were all set months ago?

DanaliHD
04-09-2007, 07:23 PM
I thought you were all set months ago?

good one. :jest:

ace68
04-09-2007, 07:31 PM
have you figured out the wire problem you were haveing? good time to put in a new harness if you didn't allready fix the issue with that.

DanaliHD
04-09-2007, 07:46 PM
have you figured out the wire problem you were haveing? good time to put in a new harness if you didn't allready fix the issue with that.

we'll find out as soon as i put it back together. There was 1 plug wire that ohm'd out drastically different than the rest. i replaced it. we'll see if that was the problem.

As far as the engine harness. i agree. I want to. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to do. Is is something I could do myself? I was looking at the one Nelson Performance makes.

Shit, I should have the engine pulled now too cause it's leaking oil from somewhere. rear main seal maybe. Maybe I should have it towed to a local joint and have them do the seal and harness all at the same time. What's another couple grand in labor at this point, lol.

ace68
04-09-2007, 08:01 PM
I don't know about a performance harness I was thinking you could just replace the factory one thats there. I know you can get some at the bone yard for a few hundred. If it's the engine harness I thought you had issues with the main harness in the cab because of a bad radio? As far as the seals don't you have a new built motor in there maybe you still have some coverage on it, if the seals are leaking?

DanaliHD
04-09-2007, 08:10 PM
I don't know about a performance harness I was thinking you could just replace the factory one thats there. I know you can get some at the bone yard for a few hundred. If it's the engine harness I thought you had issues with the main harness in the cab because of a bad radio? As far as the seals don't you have a new built motor in there maybe you still have some coverage on it, if the seals are leaking?

it's a guessing game at this point. Nobody knows for sure what the problem is. We assume it's an electrical problem but who knows. once i fire it up on friday i'll have a better answer. as for the harness, the engine harness is/was dangerously close to the turbo kit, the unwrapped, uncoated turbo kit. shit started to melt. (that was how tz left it, don fixed that part)

the extent of the heat damage is unknown. If it still isn't running right after i put it back together I have no choice but to get it into the hands of a professional.

DanaliHD
04-13-2007, 09:49 PM
well, it's all back together, kinda. I fired it up and there are definately some exhaust leaks :bang: . I don't know exactly where from but I think from the manifold on the passenger side. I hope to christ it's nothing on the drivers side because it was a bitch getting the kit back on and i have ZERO interest in taking it back off tomorrow.

the good news is the ceramic coater did a nice job. He pollised my turbo and it looks awesome.

More bad news is my buddy had put my 2 million candle watt spotlight on my drivers seat facing down and when we hooked the battery back up................yeah, lots of smoke. The leather is all fucked up in one spot on the driver's seat. Oh well. It wasn't his fault. It friggin smells though

Looks like tomorrow i'll be firing it up again to see where the leak(s) are.

ace68
04-14-2007, 07:31 AM
it's going to rain hard tomorrow I hope you have a garage at your place.

DanaliHD
04-14-2007, 01:26 PM
well, i gave it my best, but it's time for it to go back to Don/Dez. :(

contemplating taking the whole fucking thing apart again tomorrow. i just want this to be over. seriously. mental breakdown.

DanaliHD
05-01-2007, 09:22 PM
so, i brought it to a local shop 1mile down the road cause i simply mentally couldn't handle working on it anymore. they took the kit off, made new gaskets cause the ones on their were shit, pulled the valve covers just for the hell of it and UH OH, rockers were hitting the fucking valve covers. http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2387/att1vj6.th.jpg (http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=att1vj6.jpg)

so, they put it back together and the bitch is in my driveway again. no power whatsoever. totaly god damn dog. somehow the kit is just not lining up right. big leak between the turbo and downpipe. im taking a fucking sledge hammer to it tomorrow. That should fix it. lol

I ordered a new Vband clamp for the turbo/dp connection cause the one that is there has never seemed to fit right(and i broke it). I also just ordered some 1/2" valve cover spacers. hope to christ they'll work.

i'm possibly taking it to my local transmision guy to have the rear main seal fixed because oh yeah, not sure if i mentioned it, but it fucking leaks.

that's about all i've got for updates incase anyone is interested. 1 year and 3 days. that's how long it's been since i dropped the truck off in RI at SDCE.

DanaliHD
05-01-2007, 09:25 PM
this site really sucks tonight.

anyway, truck is still fucked. newest problem is the rockers are smashing into the fucking valve covers. can't believe nobody noticed that. anywho, ordered valve cover spacers today. probably will have them next week.
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2387/att1vj6.th.jpg (http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=att1vj6.jpg)

DanaliHD
05-01-2007, 09:59 PM
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/4162/att1dq0.th.jpg (http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=att1dq0.jpg)

yeah, that's where the rockers were smashing into the valve covers.

thechef
05-01-2007, 10:02 PM
why dont ya get a set of taller valve covers?

Slowhawk
05-01-2007, 10:26 PM
You actually don't need taller valve covers or spacers.That is the baffle which you just cut out.We just clearanced them on Matts truck with no problems.

Funny though.We had the valve covers off and there was no marks.Of course that was before running it hard.Looks like we might be seeing some serious valve float problems to do that.

So,all in all -send the spacers back because I won't use them.Because #1- they always fit like crap ,#2-there is already limited clearance on the driver side and the spacer will push the coils into the turbo, #3 custom wires will have to be made for all the plugs.

Speedy0009
05-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Damn this truck just won't give it up! It's living up to it's name, that's for sure.... HD!!

Good luck with once again Dan....

DanaliHD
05-01-2007, 11:05 PM
i think it's fucking sweet that i tried to post up that pic 3 times and it didn't show up at all. but now all 3 posts are here, lol. gotta love it.

this fucking truck is gonna be the death of me. really wish i hadn't ordered those spacers today.

Whip
05-02-2007, 03:57 AM
So, the truck will be down for a few weeks. I'm gonna order up some new valve covers too cause mine look like someone whiped their ass with them.

Are these the new covers? I'm thinkin' you didn't order the right ones! Dude, at this point, I think you need to sell this truck as a work in progress.

8ALTNG
05-02-2007, 08:07 AM
Im with Whip on this one. Cut your loses and RUN!!!!

98Z28MASS
05-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Sell it for whatever you can get or torch it, take the insurance money, and buy an srt-10 ram truck quad cab. Saw some rediculous deals locally on some. One 2 door 05 with 2K miles for 33K and an 05 quad cab with 693 miles for 36K. Take it to Don, have him toss on a single turbo kit, and be done with it lol.

Tracer X
05-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Damn Dan!! :cry: I have to admit, you do have the most interesting posts in the Eastern Section.

The truck is trying to kill you slowly, like a wife!! Looks like your buddy was trying to help you out of spending more money, by leaving the light in your truck. But NOOOO! You had to go and remove it!

DanaliHD
05-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Damn Dan!! :cry: I have to admit, you do have the most interesting posts in the Eastern Section.

The truck is trying to kill you slowly, like a wife!! Looks like your buddy was trying to help you out of spending more money, by leaving the light in your truck. But NOOOO! You had to go and remove it!

lol, i know right. the valve covers are the stock ones. i never did get new ones. i forgot to mention that the guys at the local shop each smoke 8-9 packs a day so now my truck smells too. awesome, lol. this is almost funny.

i keep wondering who's girlfriend did i bang to get all this bad kharma. my god!!!!

My84Z
05-02-2007, 12:55 PM
I say keep plugging away till you beat it! Never surrender lol I would have a reputable person tear it all apart and recheck/redo it all and be done with it once and for all. Or have someone build a whole new set up and part out yours.

Of course I recommend Don

Zger
05-02-2007, 02:23 PM
old news, old news. i'm still amazed that people like that are allowed to exist. and people like me are stupid enough to fall for their bullshit.

I tried to warn you that Cafolla was a scum bag... :| I really hate to see people get dicked over.

lilstephsls1
05-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Wow that truck never gives up. I feel bad. Hopefully some day it will have mercy and give up

DanaliHD
05-02-2007, 07:09 PM
something definately happened to the kit while getting rewelded. It just won't line up right at the downpipe/turbo flange. i persuaded it into place, lol, but it's off by "a C hair" as my neighbor said, lol. that's the only friggin spot it's leaking. it idle's great so it's got that going for it, lol.

some day the truck will run right. but it's gonna friggin cost me. i'm figuring on spending at least another $10,000 first. that will put me at $45,000.

DanaliHD
05-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Can you say shop #4? Don/Dez tried and man I can't express how much I appreciate the effort, but it's time I get it fixed once and for all. I think my problems are just too big and I don't want to burden them anymore with my issues.

So where is it going you ask?

well, it's in Madison Heights, MI. Figure it out!! :)

Slowhawk
05-06-2007, 08:16 PM
You are the most emotional unstable person I've ever met :jest:

DanaliHD
05-06-2007, 08:19 PM
You are the most emotional unstable person I've ever met :jest:

That's what the truck being down for over 1 year will do to a guy.

but, wifey made me do it.

Slowhawk
05-06-2007, 08:23 PM
That's what the truck being down for over 1 year will do to a guy.

but, wifey made me do it.

:jest: If she pushed ya I would of just thrown that setup away and mimic Matts setup but $$ was a big issue everytime we talked :jest:

I just hope that check made it to the mail :(

Either way,I hope they can take care of it once and for all :)

DanaliHD
05-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Live and learn.

Let this build be a lesson to those looking to save a few bucks.

YOU GET WHAT THE FUCK YOU PAY FOR. GO TO A REPUTABLE SHOP FROM DAY 1.

8ALTNG
05-06-2007, 10:10 PM
Nice choice of shops Dan. I guess you are really ready to shell out some SERIOUS $$$$$$$$$$$ to get that thing up and running right. good luck and I will see you at the track next year :jest: :jest: j/k

DanaliHD
05-06-2007, 10:52 PM
thanks man. you know what they say about hind sight. oh well, what's done is done. now it's time to make it right. I can't have all this time and all this money into it and not be able to enjoy it. doesn't make sense.

I'm hoping to see you at the track in June. It's still on biotch, lol.

just kidding of course

Speedy0009
05-07-2007, 12:55 AM
Did you trailer it yourself or have it shipped to shop #4?? Dumb question I am sure... owell.

What are they going to do? Start over??

DanaliHD
05-07-2007, 08:09 PM
it's getting picked up tomorrow by an auto transporter. $645. not too shabby. What am I planning to do? Not a god damn clue. I'm hoping they get it and say, "you stupid fuck, you blew off a vacuum line. Here ya go, all fixed" but, i'm certain that's not what will happen.

gotta solve the rocker clearance issue, got to solve the leaking flange between the turbo and dp, got to deal with the leaking exhaust system which i discovered today while on the lift at the tranny shop, got to deal with the HEAT issue, got to find the electrical problem if one exists, got to program the eboost2 properly, got to deal with my fuelling issue maybe, and got to make sure the tune is on point.

It needs to be 100%. If that means scrapping that pos turbo kit, so be it. Maybe I should just have them throw on a Procharger F1. I'm gonna be paying for this for the next 5 year or so anyway, lol.

speaking of which, anyone want to buy a hot tub? mountain bike? lawn tractor? longdrive golf clubs? my house? :jest:

Jokeman
05-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Dang, thats gotta be the most expensive 2500HD on earth!

8ALTNG
05-07-2007, 08:33 PM
I have a feeling they tear the engine doqn and re ring it. Just a hunch and I hope I am wrong for your sake Dan. Oh and they are going to throw the turbo kit out and make a new one. Trust my it is the best thing for you.

DanaliHD
05-07-2007, 08:44 PM
I have a feeling they tear the engine doqn and re ring it. Just a hunch and I hope I am wrong for your sake Dan. Oh and they are going to throw the turbo kit out and make a new one. Trust my it is the best thing for you.

yeah, too bad we didn't think of that back in December. could have saved me thousands of dollars in labor. we should have know. you know what they say, you can't polish a turd. lol

why did i just say lol, that's not fucking funny.

ace68
05-07-2007, 08:50 PM
didn't you get your money back? and I think you need a new motor after seeing some of the pics with the grayish oil.

DanaliHD
05-07-2007, 09:20 PM
didn't you get your money back? and I think you need a new motor after seeing some of the pics with the grayish oil.

shut up :jest:

the oil isn't gray anymore. it's purdy. ok, i'm done with this thread for now.

Slowhawk
05-07-2007, 10:06 PM

Money back from who? The shop that closed down :bang:

ace68
05-08-2007, 08:18 AM
it's closed oh well hope for the best then.

98Z28MASS
05-08-2007, 03:37 PM
Quick question, any reason why you chose w2w? Don really busy? I mean if the kit is going to be scrapped then why not just have Don build you one similar to the red trucks?

8ALTNG
05-08-2007, 11:09 PM
from what I have gathered there has already been too much money spent with Don and the truck still didnt run right. So its off to shop 4. Right Dan :) :) :)

Speedy0009
05-08-2007, 11:27 PM
from what I have gathered there has already been too much money spent with Don and the truck still didnt run right. So its off to shop 4. Right Dan :) :) :)

Pretty sure Dan just doesn't want to burden Don and Dez with the headache anymore than what it already has! Can't blame him for that... but if Don has the time, that's where I would go back to if it were me! Hell even if I had to wait for the available time!

Pull the turbo kit and do it completely over or most of it anyhow, pull the motor and freshen it up (I would considering what I saw coming out of the breather when it arrived as Dez) and well, over all just start from scratch.. what choice is there at this point right??

Oh hell just Procharge it!! :judge:

8ALTNG
05-09-2007, 07:57 AM
Speedy: that is not quite why, but I will leave it at that before I get my ass band :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Speedy0009
05-09-2007, 08:01 AM
Speedy: that is not quite why, but I will leave it at that before I get my ass band :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Ok Matt... I must have missed something along the line.... Oooops! :bang:

It's all good.. So are you bored with your Turbo set-up yet? My GTO is done for now and my Silverado feels neglected!! :offtopic:

PurEvl
05-09-2007, 08:24 AM
ya because your truck came out aweful, better not be the fucking reason. If people did what they were told in the first fucking place it wouldnt be shop #2 nevermind 4. And furthermore when you fuck with your own shit and make it worse....you deserve what you get. Someone better clear the air.

Tracer X
05-09-2007, 08:56 AM
A lot more to this story than meets the eye.....

98Z28MASS
05-09-2007, 09:35 AM
My bad, didnt realize there were other issues, thats too bad considering I cant imagine W2W being anything less than double what Don would charge to redo the whole thing. On a side note once I have my mortgage all set for the house im buying the GF is letting me go out looking for a new toy. Hoping to pick up another f-body or a gto, then its off to Don for god knows what. Maybe just go with a procharger off the bat and be done with it.

8ALTNG
05-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Speedy~ I will never be bored with that turbo setup.

Mike & Marcel~ I agree with you bother 1000000%. The whole truth needs to come back out, but it isnt that easy. Hell I almost got band on another board for just trying to tell the truth and protect a sponsor :( :( :(

Whip
05-09-2007, 10:49 AM
I heard he offered oral sex to help cover costs. Just what I heard, take it for what its worth.

Kidding!

8ALTNG
05-09-2007, 10:51 AM
No Whip. I heard only Lightning drivers do that :jest: :jest: :jest: :jest: j/k

DanaliHD
05-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Speedy~ I will never be bored with that turbo setup.

Mike & Marcel~ I agree with you bother 1000000%. The whole truth needs to come back out, but it isnt that easy. Hell I almost got band on another board for just trying to tell the truth and protect a sponsor :( :( :(

lol, this is just getting funny now. What the hell are you talking about? I'll send my truck to whoever the fuck i want. why does everything i do concern you so much? i don't even know you.

I already said I have no issue with Don or Dez. Why are you trying to make it sound like I do? That's just not cool man.

and i didn't fuck with anything. I did exactly what i was told. Change the spark plugs, get the bad welds fixed, hmm, that's about it. I learned alot in the process too. me taking the kit off the truck a few times is not the problem here. I'll find out soon what the problem is and maybe post up letting anyone interested know. maybe.

and i agree with mike too. if tz had actually produced the fucking kit and delivered it to sdce when he said he would none of this would have happend. i got fucking conned by him and i've been paying ever since. I'm glad you think i deserve that man, that's real fucking nice.

8ALTNG
05-09-2007, 10:29 PM
Dan~ I dont think you deserve to have to pay all this money to get your truck up and running. But to go on another board and say that Dez did have the truck running is a lie. And did you or did you not hook the eboost up after Don said dont???

I really dont care, but I just dont want a bad shadow to be cast of the work Don/Dez does.

Its funny. I was the one who almost got band from this site, standing up for YOU, when TZ f'd you over. I was the one who pushed to have them banded from the site and tried to get John to give you some money back. But I guess you forgot that..

This is the last time I will comment on this subject.