Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F.A.S.T. intake, LS2 90mm T.B., and Haltech worth it???

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 11:29 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default F.A.S.T. intake, LS2 90mm T.B., and Haltech worth it???

So i just put my motor back in my '01 Z06 (i pulled it at my shop to address the oil consumption issue, do a clutch, and slide in a cam).

Here are my engine mods: G5X3 cam, ported & polished stock heads, LG longtubes, borla catback, LG tune. I havent re-denoyed the car yet, but the same cars with similar mods are in the 420-430rwhp range according to the LG website.

With that said, I'd like to squeeze out a little more. I think my air intake might be a bottle neck (it's stock now) in the system. I'm thinking about going with a FAST intake, LS2 90mm throttle body with the harness, and a Haltech. Pricing it is gonna run me about $1500. LG claims another 50rwhp or so.

Question is...does that + 50rwhp claim sound accurate? Does anyone else (other than LG, lol) recommend this mod? This will be the final engine mod for me. i'm going to leave the stock heads on there at this time. i think i'll be happy with 470-480rwhp since that equates to about 550-570bhp at the motor (i think).

Thanks in advance...Peter
Old 03-20-2007, 01:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm looking at the same mod. The tech spec on the FAST 90 intake claims 15 hp more than a LS6. If your engine is intake restricted, adding all of the components should be worth a lot more.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:42 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

50rwhp may be a stretch, but I'd say it's definatly a worthwhile mod for you.