Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headers question

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 08:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headers question

i was thinking about doing edelbrock midlength headers, because i want to leave the cats and im running the slp loudmouth I ... im looking for a little better sound with the headers, not too worried about performance issues .. just wondering if the midlengths will do enough for sound compared to the stock manifolds
Old 03-21-2007, 02:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ws6transamws6
i was thinking about doing edelbrock midlength headers, because i want to leave the cats and im running the slp loudmouth I ... im looking for a little better sound with the headers, not too worried about performance issues .. just wondering if the midlengths will do enough for sound compared to the stock manifolds

WHat he said .......i would like to know tooo
Old 03-21-2007, 02:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Should be a little louder I would imagine.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:58 PM
On The Tree

Not sure how much of a sound difference you will even notice with them still cat'd. I have two T/a's, a 98 and a 99. The 98 has the stock manifolds, and y-pipe with a magnaflow cat back exhaust. The 99 has Pacesetter LT's, TSP cat's y-pipe and a magnaflow cat back exhaust. You would be hard to tell the difference between the two are idle or low speed. They almost sound the same. I am sure a WOT run tells a different story, but its harded to test that
Old 03-23-2007, 03:00 PM
Banned

You WILL increase and deepen the sound with shorties, even over stock manifolds. I did. Not as much as LTs, but a significant amount.