Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are FLP Headers Considered a Restriction?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 08:37 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Are FLP Headers Considered a Restriction?

I bought the headers probably at least 5 years ago when there weren't that many kits on the market. It seem like everyone and their brother makes longtubes now.

Could a set of the FLP headers with ORP restrict a H/C motor on the bottle because of the size of the Y-pipe. I think it is like 2.25 - 2.5 pipe and I'm not sure how big the collectors are.

Do you think it is worth stepping up to something different or at least something with a 3" y-pipe?
Old 03-20-2007, 03:04 PM
11 Second Club

Anyone ever swap out FLP's for Pacesetters, Kooks, Dynatechs etc. and checked the gains (if any) on a dyno
Old 03-20-2007, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I see nothin wrong with the FLPs and their size. The merge is also nicer than many of the other y-pipe out there. Unless you are gonna get some 1 7/8" headers, I wouldn't mess with em. Also, dynatechs are identical to FLPs. What I did to eliminate any restrictions was bought a set of Lane's true duals customed for the FLPs. It's all 3" and still has v-clamps for orps and cats.

You have 500rwhp so I can see how the y-pipe would be a restriction for you. Check into getting a custom 3" dual exhaust made for yourself.

Unless I go big cubes & get some monster power, I don't see how I could have any exhaust restrictions
Old 03-20-2007, 03:46 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jimmypop13
I see nothin wrong with the FLPs and their size. The merge is also nicer than many of the other y-pipe out there. Unless you are gonna get some 1 7/8" headers, I wouldn't mess with em. Also, dynatechs are identical to FLPs. What I did to eliminate any restrictions was bought a set of Lane's true duals customed for the FLPs. It's all 3" and still has v-clamps for orps and cats.

You have 500rwhp so I can see how the y-pipe would be a restriction for you. Check into getting a custom 3" dual exhaust made for yourself.

Unless I go big cubes & get some monster power, I don't see how I could have any exhaust restrictions
I agree with this person. I have FLP's and a true dual exhuast by Lane's also. See sig for times of SI. Not to shabby I supposed.