Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Proper procharger Y-body setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 09:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Proper procharger Y-body setup

Recently came across a Procharger P-1SC twin intercooled kit for my 2000 C5. The kit is complete, with some cool additions that I like. One, being that it came with the "factory" procharger pipe's( comes with new single cooling fan with air filter element built in), as well as a larger 4" filter to compressor pipe, and a 4" Y pipe to MAF pipe setup(similar to an ecs/a&a kit I guess)(which is what the previous owner used). Useing these pipes, which is what I want to do, would mean I need to lower my radiator support/cradle assembly on my already super low car.

A. How much would I be giving up if I used the "factory" procharger setup for the original C5 kit, as opposed to useing the larger 4" pipes?

B. I have installed the new procharger C6 kits on the new vettes, and they come with shims, ment to lower the cradle, so they can get a little larger "powerduct" over the top of the radiator....does anyone have pictures of modified cradles? Any custom shims made for this applictaion,...other then prochargers? Which I don't know if they would sell anyways?

C. I'm currently running 18's up front, with coil-overs. I'd say my front airdam, is about 1.5 inches or maybe 1" or soo off the ground,....i'll probably loose alot of ground clearence right? Do ECS/A&A cars have issues with this? My car travels pretty fast on the highways, I don't wanna bottem out my front chin on a friggin pebble...

D. Twin intercooler, vs single intercooler on the C5....I know the single is more efficent, and, WAY LESS pipeing.... anyone have comparisons of the two on the same car? I am prepared to remove the front liscense plate location for a fresh air screen.

Thanks in advance for any input,...i'm trying to get my car together in the next three weeks, if possible, and it's crunch time for the blower setup. Stock Ls6 bottom end, AFR 205's, fast 90/90(decideing on cam)lg pro's, B&B bullets, etc etc...

Thanks again...

J jwells@veracadillac.com
Old 03-23-2007, 11:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Any idea's?
Old 03-24-2007, 05:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/archi...p/t-56881.html

124mph to 131 mph with the radiator modified.

Last edited by V-seriesTech; 03-24-2007 at 06:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Proper procharger Y-body setup