PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLEASE HELP! How-to improve cold start?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP! How-to improve cold start?

I've got the tune for my MS4 cam'd LS1 improved drastically using EFI Live.

What I have done to date is perform a RAFIG process to correct the desired airflow table, raised the VE while cranking table by 5%, raised cold idle speed to 1200 rpm and base idle speed of 950 rpm.

I have performed an AutoVE tune and that has greatly improved the driveability at low speeds along with idle transition adjustments thanks to SSpdmon.

My biggest dilemma I have is my cold starts. The lowest range my cold start will be is in the 20 deg celsius.

Right now, it will fire up immediately and then immediately stall out.

This morning I went ahead and added 2.5 grams/sec to my Desired Airflow table at 20 deg. C.
It seemed to slightly helped by immediately starting, then dipping low and then taking an idle. But I could not immediately start driving (M6 equippd).

Any suggestions on what I can do to help me out here?

I am thinking either adding more Desired Air or enrichening a VE table (not sure which one).
I am thinking like a carb'd car with a choke, fast idle and enrichened mixture.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-21-2007, 12:22 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What operating system are you using?

If you are using the stock OS then what are you commanding at the lower temps? You probably just have to up your enrichment a little bit at the lower temp. The custom OS's have a seprate enrichment table since you trade off the ECT vs. MAP fueling table for the more versitle RPM vs. MAP table.