Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Fixed my rear end problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fixed my rear end problem

I posted a little while back on here talking how my rear end makes a noise? I got some very good input and i went through all the ideas that were thrown at me. I decided to go from the easy fixs to the hard fixs well to make a long story short i found out that i didn't tighten down the passanger side 1 in wheel spacer that much, I tighten it down real good and put some thread locker on the nut then i tighten them down so that they would not go loose anymore, well anyways that sloved my problem no my noise, thanks everyone for your input (s) on helping me disagsos the probelm.Devin
Old 03-21-2007, 09:52 PM
Banned

hmm ive heard some other people with the same problem and fix. im staying away from spacers
Old 03-22-2007, 03:02 AM
12 Second Club

so what ur saying is that u did not aplly a specific tq on these nuts!!!!!!! mmmmmmmmmm..........and some peeps wonder why they get wierd noise. not trying to pic on u but, hopefully other peeps that read this will understand the importance of torqueing down bolts/nuts like hey should be......... with all due respect. this is an example!!!!!

fuerzaws6
Old 03-22-2007, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks i kind of wanted to set an example i didn't have a torque wrench at the time but i am getting one soon for my b-day i think spacers are perfetly ok just tighten them down and maybe put some thread locker on the threads like i did so they are for sure going to stay on, we are all human so we all make mistakes. No offense talking on picking on me you were just stating what you thought and i do want ppl to learn from others that is how we all learn.Devin