PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

running like shit

Old 03-21-2007, 09:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default running like ****

hey guys i just put pacesetter lt ory new plugs plug wires and fuel filter now at idle it has a slight pop every once and a while out the back of the exhaust it runs funs all the way till about 4500 then i smash it it jerks around backfires and runs like ****. it threw an ses light it test all 4 o2 sensors i dont have cats but i got back o2 sims what could be the problem
Old 03-21-2007, 09:27 PM
FormerVendor

It would be good to know the specific codes. They can mean slightly different issues. If you're getting codes for the rears (and you say you have sims), it sounds like the sims aren't working. It would be best to simply tune those codes out. It sounds like fueling problems, like it is too rich (unburnt fuel meeting fresh oxygen in the exhaust). I would double check all your exhaust fittings and make sure you don't have any leaks. If you are getting O2 switching errors (P1133/P1153), you can try header wrap or some new O2's like the Bosch 13111's. If you are getting some other global code like being lean/rich on each bank, then I would look up top for fueling or air leak after the MAF.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

As the coating breaks in it is possiblefoul out your o2 sensors. I have had this happen to 2 personal cars and numerous customers cars. It usually happens around a month after installing the headers. Not all coatings do it..
Old 03-22-2007, 09:15 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bad connection at the plugs/plug wires. Intermittent miss @ idle and bad miss under heavy load. Classic case.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:20 AM
Teching In

the ses went off on my car but it still runs the same cut in and out when i smash it but if i ease it to redline it runs good
Old 03-25-2007, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Alvin@pcmforless.com
As the coating breaks in it is possiblefoul out your o2 sensors. I have had this happen to 2 personal cars and numerous customers cars. It usually happens around a month after installing the headers. Not all coatings do it..

I am currently having this issue the amplitude of my 02's are under half of their normal activity. And I am about 2 months maybe 1000mi from my header install

Search this Thread