Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

daddy

Old 03-22-2007, 12:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default daddy

found out today I have a kiddo on the way. this is going to be a big step in my life. this is my first little one. any tips that might help at this point?
Old 03-22-2007, 02:12 AM
TECH Addict

Congrats papa!!
Old 03-22-2007, 04:58 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

start drinking heavily..

it's all instinct, you'll figure it out as you go.

Theres a few books out there that help with the little things that arise that make you uncertain.
The biggest thing I found was dont be affraid to be that dad that makes googly faces and does crazy things to entertain. It's honeslty the best thing I've ever done in my life. I know that sounds corny but its true. I've been a lot of places and done a lot of things but really didnt find out what it's all about until we had our son. My son is 7 now and in 1st grade and I'm the manager of his baseball team and asst soccer coach and what ever else is needed.

It all seems so natural at this point but there was that time when I was in your seat looking at saying oh my god what am I going to do Now I'm a seasoned pro handing out advice... babbies and little kids are the greatest joy to watch. They are so innocent and pure. They love to discover new things and they dont know how to hate.

I have a friend with a 14month old. He wasn't the greatest dad in the beginning. It wasn a planned event and so he wasnt really ready in his life to have all that responsability thrust into his daily life but he's coming around.
I saw him the other day with his son and without mom being a dad and doing dad things. Feeding changing and falling alseep together in a chair. It was comforting to see him getting into the grove. I think he'll be a good dad now.

Theres no real trick to it just be comforting and supportive (I make mistakes but I learn from them and try not to do them again). When my kids give me hug and tell me that they love me, there is no better feeling in the world.

on a side note my sons front teeeth are getting loose so one of them has travelled over to the next one. He looks like Mater. Its the funniest damn thing. (anyone see Cars?) That's another perk to being a dad. All the cool animated movies that are out. You get to be a kid again as well.

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 03-22-2007 at 05:03 AM.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:04 PM
11 Second Club

Kids are the greatest thing. I am only 25 and I just had my second son, And I have a girl as well. She is the middle one, and I swear she is more like a boy then my oldest..

One advice that I would give you. Is before the baby is born you and your wife should do alot of things together, like the movies and dinner thing, Go on vacation together for a weekend or something, cause once that baby comes you and your wifes spare time together will more than likely involve the little one.

Lane
Old 03-22-2007, 02:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ram4384
found out today I have a kiddo on the way. this is going to be a big step in my life. this is my first little one. any tips that might help at this point?
You know where I live ron, If you need anything let me and amber know. Let us know if it is going to be a boy or girl, cause we have tons of baby clothes for both.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Congrats dude!!!!!!!!!

I am a father (step) by proxy now and even though I never ever ever wanted kids in my life, I have to admit, they are to have & be around.

It's funny but things that used to send me over the edge and rile me up about kids, now, I just laugh and the blood pressure stays the same.

You will love it..........most of it anyway.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sleep while you can.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just enjoy it. I wouldn't spend even a second sweating it because you'll figure it out when the time comes. About the only real difficult part ( for the man ) is the first couple of months when they're not yet on a regular sleeping schedule. It goes by pretty quick and then it's pretty much alot of fun after that. It IS difficult to type this out with my 18 month old trying his best to bang on the keys though haha !
Old 03-22-2007, 08:17 PM
Launching!

thanks for all the advice. i think it will be fine. i am happy I bought all my toys young at least most of them there is still a few on my list. one day they will come with time. i am still pretty young so I am happy!!!!!1

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: daddy