Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

**how do u remove axles from rear end**

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 01:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **how do u remove axles from rear end**

were swaping rear ends today and i need to know how to pull the axles out...ive already removed the brake assembly.....HELP please
Old 03-23-2007, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by scott hutch
were swaping rear ends today and i need to know how to pull the axles out...ive already removed the brake assembly.....HELP please
If it's the 10-bolt, you have to remove the rear cover, turn the pinion over so you can remove the 8mm bolt that holds the crosspin in.

Once you pull the crosspin, rotate the pinion back over and push in on the axle. Remove the C-clip that is now accessible where the crosspin used to be, and pull the axle out. Repeat for the other axle.

If you have traction control, I think you have to remove some ring from the axles before you can pull it out, but I don't know for sure.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:38 PM
12 Second Club

on the 10 bolt you take the cover off, unbolt the cover on the differential itself, push the axles in and pull the c-clip out of the diff. then they should slide right out and into the garbage
Old 03-23-2007, 01:41 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by ryansm1
If it's the 10-bolt, you have to remove the rear cover, turn the pinion over so you can remove the 8mm bolt that holds the crosspin in.

Once you pull the crosspin, rotate the pinion back over and push in on the axle. Remove the C-clip that is now accessible where the crosspin used to be, and pull the axle out. Repeat for the other axle.

If you have traction control, I think you have to remove some ring from the axles before you can pull it out, but I don't know for sure.
It is the sensors that will stop the axle from going all the way in, otherwise you explained it damn good.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

thanks guys its finished now. yay ls1tech!