Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

turbo sizing

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 12:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo sizing

Can someone please help me with turbo sizing. I want to know what kind of numbers(turbine and compressor a/r, compressor mm, trim, etc..) equal what rpm range, backpressure, horsepower and what have you on 4th gen f body engines.

Also, how do those relationships change with more cc's, all else staying the same. For the most part, I can look at some cams or torque converters or whatever and gauge in my head how big or small they are for an LS1, LS2, LT1, LT4 etc...I know a 58mm tb, for example, is big for an LT1/LT4, but too small for an LS1/LS6. A Vig 3600 is a loose tc, whereas as Fuddle 2800 is smaller. I want to be able to do this with turbos. Understand what I'm asking? I read the stickies, searched on here and google and read Garrett Turbos site. Couldn't exactly find the info I was looking for. A break down of what numbers mean what would help. A GT76, for example. What does that say about that turbo. What is its rpm range? How much boost will it deliver? How will it effect peak hp and torque and how does that change when cid increases or decreases? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!