Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 To 3rd Shift In A4

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 10:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 To 3rd Shift In A4

I notice a couple times my car stretches out 2nd too far and i have to let off to allow it to shift into 3rd. I never noticed it before i had the last round of mods installed and my comp re-tuned. He did a basic cleanup/performance tune. But im pretty sure my shift points were raised in it. Is my tranny acting funny at only 40k babied miles or is this tune possibly causing it. It has never done it in 1 to 2 shift and althought i dont drive it hard very often it only does it in the 2 to 3 like half the time maybe. Just wondering what all of you think about it or if you had similar instances?? Thanks!
Old 03-24-2007, 10:24 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

If it didn't happen before the tune, the tune caused it. Check and see where the shift points are set at.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The reason i ask is bc one time i recall seeing a post that someone was having a 2-3rd shift problem and they thought it was a semi common tranny issue on these cars. I dont think i ever noticed it before the tune, but i dont drive the car hard very much and only had it for a couple months before modding. Its possible it could have but doubtful. Prob a tune issue. I guess i gotta get the car down there for the cam/stall/dyno tune soon o=-D Get em to straighten it out for me.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

When something goes wrong with the car, I always retrace my footsteps on the last things that were done to it and go from there.