Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3.8L V6 to LS1

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 05:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.8L V6 to LS1

So i will start by saying that I do not own this car. It is my best friends car. He doesn't have access to internet so here i am... Any way he has a 1997 V6 camaro and it is slow. He went to ask the guy he bought it from for a paint job and the guy informed him of a camaro that got totaled. I believe the car that was totaled was a 98 with an ls1. I guess the guy was going over a viaduct and stopped to fast and WHAM! a semi hit him. so the rear end is absolutly totaled. For 300 dollars we can take what ever we want out of it other than the body itself. i was thinking just take everything out of the 98 one and put it into the 97. Since the rear end is messed up i don't think the fuel system on the 98 will be any good and i already know the tranny is toast. the owner says the drive shaft went into the transmission I have some experience with cars and i have three older brothers that are amazing with cars. so i was just curious if anyone has any thoughts on what we should do. if i can just take the ls1 and all of its goodies and put it into the car with just a new tranny and fuel system. I am open to any thoughts on the conversion and if you have any ideas please tell me!! i am open to mods. we were thinking new heads, headers/exhaust, intake, and cam. If you have anythoughts on the conversion please respond. i want to build a fast kar
Old 03-24-2007, 11:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well from what i heard it takes alot of money to put the ls1s into v6 fbodies but if your getting one for cheap and the engine is intact then why not go for it
Old 03-24-2007, 11:40 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

For 300 that is a great deal, you will want to get as much as possible from the donor car, drop the whole engine and k-member assembly out of the bottom. If you do a search there are many threads about swapping a LS1 into a v6 car. Also check out the conversion car website sticky at the top of the page, magnus has a site where he outlined his 3800 to LS1 swap.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What would be recommended heads, intake, cam, headers, and fuel system?
Old 03-26-2007, 08:33 AM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

For the fuel system you can use a vette fuel pressure regulator/filter and then just upgrade the intank fuel pump.