Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New converter in Big Problems...Opinions please!!

Old 03-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New converter in Big Problems...Opinions please!!

I have a 4.3 v6 s10 with a 4l60e. I have recently installed a yank ss 4000 as I broke my tci 3000 at the end of last year. The 4000 was driving fine until yesterday and something has gone wrong.

I changed the tune from stock to a converter tune that I followed from this site...I turned off pwm and I had to raise the missfire tables as I was getting missfires from the converter...I also raised the min force to 90% from 0% and this was the result.

Earlier in the day I tried to get it into o/d at wot and it took 3 tries for it to shift in..I thought this was a bit strange and was going to look at the tune to see if the rpm and mph was off for the shift to happen...I don't normally do wot shifts into o/d but i wanted to test it to see if it worked.

Then on the way home, the part throttle shifting seemed awfully rough/clunky where as before it had been stiff but I couldn't actually hear the parts clunking. then I made a first gear burp to wot...the truck took off as it downshifted and then I let off and I heard a noticeable clunk as it shifted to 2nd...thought that didn't sound good....came to a light wanted to do a nice launch to see what was going on...went through 1st no problem went through 2nd no problem but had a noticeable vibration as it was accelerating through the gears...got to the top of 2nd and no shift to 3rd...so i let off and the vibration got really bad...pulled over to the side of the road waited a few minutes installed the stock tune...tried to drive again and it was vibrating like crazy and still won't shift now from first to 2nd.

any ideas what it could be??

Search this Thread